Packers & Vikings Postgame

Leader

Is it me or do I think this offence is really run by Rodgers. The way MLF talks to him, sits beside him, it's like a soft daddy keeping his spoilt kid happy. For me, for Rodgers to not know it is 4th down and 1 and MLF hasn't already got the field goal unit coming out or communicated that to Rodgers it just amazes me. It highlights who is really running the show. Or am I reading into something that is not there...

I'm going to start a celebratory post game thread where I post happy things alone. I'm pretty sure we're 2-0 against the Vikes and Bears, with a new HC. Packers fans are insufferable. Can't listen to the radio either, no one is happy.

If anyone expected to be 2-0 with dominating performances against these two teams, there's your problem right there.

• Like 15

4 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

We know you'll show us a zoomed in screenshot with 0 context and preach it as gospel. Not one person here is arguing that Rodgers doesn't hold onto the ball too long at times and needs to take the check down sometimes. 

Can we just get back to talking about how we are 2-0 please...

This is offensive.  I always admit when I’m wrong and I don’t smear facts.  You can’t tell me the first read on a 1st and 10 involves waiting four seconds before you decide to give up and take a wide effing open 5 yards.  

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You don't judge QBs based on highlights. You judge them on how effectively they move the ball. Rodgers made dinner bad throws and some bad choices against the Vikings. 1.5 Points Per Drive pretty much sucks

Rodgers took points off the board by not knowing what down it was (dumb). Allison took points off the board by fumbling. Crosby kicks two field goals. That's 27 points against a top flight defense. 

If we score 27 points, is this even a discussion? Rodgers can play better but I will be optimistic in the fact that he is improving and we are 2-0 with him playing not great outside of 4 drives in two weeks. 

QBs are not judged on highlights but it's good to see that he still has it in him, that is/was the point. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Is it me or do I think this offence is really run by Rodgers. The way MLF talks to him, sits beside him, it's like a soft daddy keeping his spoilt kid happy. For me, for Rodgers to not know it is 4th down and 1 and MLF hasn't already got the field goal unit coming out or communicated that to Rodgers it just amazes me. It highlights who is really running the show. Or am I reading into something that is not there...

The packers have so much cap money invested in Rodgers that MLF doesn't have much of a choice.

Edited by Howler

The Vikings just shut down the Falcons in week 1. They limited Julio to 5 catches and under 50 yards with no TD's until the end of the game where he got a garbage time score. The Falcons also have much better talent on offense than we do. 

But at least Matt Ryan hit 300 yards!!!

Just now, flyers0909 said:

Whatever your opinions of AR are, he had some ridiculous throws yesterday.  The Geronimo TD (nice play by Allison too), that 45 yard dime to Adams (drop) that he threw while backing up, there was one to MVS that he dropped I can't quite remember, and then the throw to Davante to seal the game.

This is why I get so frustrated with him though.  He has ability Brees and Brady couldn't EFFING DREAM OF.  Yet, because of whatever aversion he has, he doesn't take the things they take, and he suffers, we suffer. 

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers took like 2 sacks yesterday and one of them was a clear win from the best rusher on the field vs a TE. The hell we even having this discussion for???

What about all of the throwaways and incompletions?  It's not merely a matter of sacks. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

How does he talk to him?

How can I learn to talk like a soft daddy?

Is everyone trolling in here?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tartarus said:

The Vikings just shut down the Falcons in week 1. They limited Julio to 5 catches and under 50 yards with no TD's until the end of the game where he got a garbage time score. The Falcons also have much better talent on offense than we do. 

But at least Matt Ryan hit 300 yards!!!

Do they really? I'm not so sure. Matty Ice isn't the QB he used to be and Atlanta SHOULD have lost that game last night if not for Philly doing Philly things.

Julio got his garbage time score against a CB5...

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If anyone expected to be 2-0 with dominating performances against these two teams, there's your problem right there.

I was thinking this yesterday about halftime. Of course the game turned out the way it did, we were playing the Vikings (replace with Bears or Lions here as well). 

1 minute ago, Joe said:

Do they really? I'm not so sure. Matty Ice isn't the QB he used to be and Atlanta SHOULD have lost that game last night if not for Philly doing Philly things.

Julio got his garbage time score against a CB5...

Yeah, I'm taking Julio, Ridley, Sanu, Hooper and Freeman over Adams, G-mo, MVS, Graham's corpse and Jones pretty easily.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

What about all of the throwaways and incompletions?  It's not merely a matter of sacks. 

He actually got the ball to recievers yesterday. There was 2 drops by Adam's and MVS that hit them right in the hands that ended drives, and Allison fumbled after getting a first down. There was also a 3rd and 1 where Rodgers the the ball out quick to Allison and instead of going forward for the first down he juked and cost us the first down. This whole offense yesterday except the running game was not in sync after the first 3 drives.