Packers & Vikings Postgame

Leader

33 minutes ago, Leader said:

The GBPs havent been able to run a pick play w/o getting flagged for years. I mean, it was getting ridiculous. I'll shed no tears or over analyze a play were two instances of obstruction / interference occur that clearly freed up the receiver. Too bad.

That's what I was thinking. When they decided to crack down on these plays a couple years ago, they went after the Packers. 

51 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

That's what I was thinking. When they decided to crack down on these plays a couple years ago, they went after the Packers

I dont know about that...just that it didnt seem the Packers could execute the play w/o a penalty call (for whatever reason). 
Regardless, the play in the MN game clearly deserved a flag.

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

The first guy, yes, but you can clearly see him "blocking" Savage just inside the goal line where Diggs catches the ball and scores. It was the right call. Everyone, especially the clowns on Football Night in America that saw it, only looked at the initial contact where Cook ran into whoever the linebacker was (I'm assuming it was a LB), not the 2nd block when he clearly engages with Savage. People are just dumb and reactionary.

You know?  After watching it like half a dozen times, yes.  You are right.  Cook was clearly blocking, hands were even inside.

This might be an internet first.  You changed my mind!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:
What I saw live as well. MVS is fast as hell but still lacks the nuances of route running and therefore stuggles to separate and consistently get open. Hopefully this changes, otherwise he's just a "big play" guy. 

I think big guys like that, change-of-direction is hard.  Don't think he has much capacity to deceive the defense.  Doesn't turn quickly, and as fast as he is, defenders canr run that fast too when they kinda know where he's going.  

This is dumb, I know, but I'd hoped that Davis who is more flexible and shifty, might emerge as a really significant get-open receiver for us.  Maybe that will play out in Oakland, but we're maybe just kind of stuck with straightliners, with now Shepherd as the only non-Adams with any change-of-direction capacity, and he with no speed.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, craig said:

I think big guys like that, change-of-direction is hard.  Don't think he has much capacity to deceive the defense.  Doesn't turn quickly, and as fast as he is, defenders canr run that fast too when they kinda know where he's going.  This is dumb, I know, but I'd hoped that Davis who is more flexible and shifty, might emerge as a really significant get-open receiver for us.  Maybe that will play out in Oakland, but we're maybe just kind of stuck with straightliners, with now Shepherd as the only non-Adams with any change-of-direction capacity, and he with no speed.  

I'll be interested to see if OAK actually uses him in their passing schemes.....and if they do, it they get him making receptions over the middle - in that 10-15 yard area behind the LB's. Get him off the boundary and get him the ball in space. There's quite a few "smaller" WRs making a career killing by running just such short and simple patterns. Julian Edelman comes to mind. The guy doesnt nothing than run drag routes or quick hitters over the middle or short outs  -  the concept being: quick reception on an easy pass + YAC.