Packers & Vikings Postgame

Leader

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Positives :

Kenny Clark- strip sack and two penalties I believe . Runs against us were more off tackle I believe. KC has taken the leap and is playing some incredible ball.

Jaire and K King- I’m so impressed by these two. Were they perfect, no. I think both of these guys are both close to elite play. Jaire was everywhere, and a few inches on a couple games and we woulda been gushing over his games. That’s football though, I still loved Jaire’s game. Kevin King ain’t too far behind Jaire. Was it his fault on the Diggs TD or a blown coverage ? Regardless, the talent is evident. Once this guy gets more experience, the sky is the limit. 

Preston Williams @AlexGreen#20 said it best, most impressive player outside of the stat sheet. Tough as nails, always in the right spot. Preston has been everything we wanted and then some. 

Zadarius Smith- made some real nice plays today. I’ll say it again, very happy he’s leading our defense. 

Negatives: 

MLF- needs to clean it up. The challenges are bad. He needs to put our best players out there. And I don’t know how to best say this, but there was no ‘flow’ after the first quarter . I really wasn’t a fan of how the game was called . 

Jimmy Graham- I’ll say it again, red zone or nothing. He’s done. 

Those are the things that stick out the most for me. I didn’t post this but for the first half of the year I’m just concerned with winning. The offense is going to be a work in progress and I think we all need to understand that. After week 7-8 then we may have to start getting worried if there is no progress, but right now we need to live with the bumps of our offense. We played against two very good defenses and the offense wasn’t good. It can get better , it’s very early . Be patient .

MLF is 2-0 as a rookie head coach vs two quality divisional opponents and he's a negative? Sure he can improve on some things like the challenges, but these were some quality teams wins, not something where Rodgers went out there and won him 2 games doing some crazy **** or something like that. I think he'll get even more comfortable as he gets some more experience.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Norm said:

We only won these two games because the bears and Vikings forum have dedicated threads for pretending we aren't good.

(Stop posting in that Mack thread hint hint)

What's new? After we won the super bowl, the FF Vikings forum had comments that their NFC Championship team from 2009 was actually a better team than the 2010 Packers.

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

MLF is 2-0 as a rookie head coach vs two quality divisional opponents and he's a negative? Sure he can improve on some things like the challenges, but these were some quality teams wins, not something where Rodgers went out there and won him 2 games doing some crazy **** or something like that. I think he'll get even more comfortable as he gets some more experience.

Let's be honest here... We're 2-0 because of Pettine. 

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

Just grading him on how he's running the offense, he is a negative at this point.

Some will judge an Offensive Oriented Head Coach on his offensive production.

Some will judge an Offensive Oriented Head Coach on the overall team.

Most will judge an Offensive Oriented Head Coach based on their own preconceived biases

Offense in self discovery mode still.

I do expect:

-Another step forward in consistency with operation/pace 

-Continued run game effectiveness

-a few passing game strengths emerging.

The next game is a big game to see if the Packers are improving and becoming a contender. 

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Just grading him on how he's running the offense, he is a negative at this point.

Some will judge an Offensive Oriented Head Coach on his offensive production.

Some will judge an Offensive Oriented Head Coach on the overall team.

Most will judge an Offensive Oriented Head Coach based on their own preconceived biases

Damn AG. You can break things down a bit too much some times.

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

No we're not. if MLF's offense dosen't score 21 yesterday, pettine gives up 16 and we lose.

Team win.

And if we didn't score 21 yesterday, defense tightens up more. 

Just like it did when our offense only scored 10 points. 

Our offense doesn't score its second touchdown if our defense doesn't stop the Vikings to a failed field goal.
Our offense doesn't score its third touchdown if our defense doesn't give them the ball at the 33 yard line with a fumble recovery.
Vikings offense doesn't get its first field goal if Rodgers knows what down it is.
Vikings don't get second TD if Allison doesn't fumble. 

I'm not going to get into a game of semantics with you.  Team win, yeah, huzzah all that drivel and nonsense.  Pettine and our defense keep this team at 2-0 while our offense has been sucking. 

Literally all the excuses of the Fire McCarthy crowd are over.  Rodgers was again bitching at his head coach.  Two head coaches and he can't keep from running his mouth.  And Rodgers still sucks. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Literally all the excuses of the Fire McCarthy crowd are over.  Rodgers was again bitching at his head coach.  Two head coaches and he can't keep from running his mouth.  And Rodgers still sucks. 

Why is the QB not allowed to be frustrated with the play calls?

• Like 3

Just now, Fl0nkerton said:

Why is the QB not allowed to be frustrated with the play calls?

Being frustrated with play calls is fine.  Acting like a little ***** on national television and shouting at his head coach his not.

Wasn’t half this board saying Randall was immature for doing exactly that?

Somebody just posted an anecdote about Starr politely asking Lombardi not to rip into him in front of the team so that he could be a more effective leader.

WTF do you think it does to LaFleur when Rodgers is openly ****ting his pants frustrated at his head coach?

I’m sick of the double standards here with Rodgers.