Packers & Vikings Postgame

Leader

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

When's that freaking defense going to age is my question. I feel like the Vikings fans I know have been bragging about Harrison Smith, Griffen, Rhodes, Hunter, Barr, Kendricks and Joseph since 2008.

Griffen and Joseph both seemed a little slower than before. Fingers crossed.

I though Barr for the most part was invisible and Rhodes didn't exactly stand out.

Harrison Smith is going to be a pro bowler until I die. Kendricks is really good and Hunter continues to be really upsettingly good. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The offense stalled after it went off script, but that was a hell of an impressive script from Aaron and LaFleur. We were a GMo fumble away from 28-7 and who knows where the game goes there. Adams false starts and drops a contested catch, MVS drops a contested catch. Rodgers put one high to MVS for a big play and he can't get his feet in, and too short to Jones on a wheel. Big plays were left after the 21 point start that could've made it a 30+ point performance. Baby steps were taken and we're 2-0.

Defensively, somehow we always stop Chi and their run game with legit good interior OL and Minny always breaks runs I feel and they are pretty bad on the interior. Pass rush was good at least.

Goodson looked like a guy who learned the defense a week ago.

King and Alexander have a chance to be special. Tramon should be fitted for his sideline cap and clipboard. Might as well make him assistant DB coach. Guy is done. Play Tony and Jackson.

JK Scott looked human for the most part. Trevor Davis has been freaking terrible. 

We're 2-0, the Vikings, Bears and Lions are not.

I agree with most of that. Not sure why you have such harsh words for Tramon and Trevor Davis, though. I didn't see Tramon give up any big plays today, while his teammates gave up plenty. And I'm not sure if Trevor Davis has even had a chance to return a kickoff or punt yet, and he hasn't fumbled or anything. 

Between GMO's fumble, and Rodgers apparently thinking it was 1st down prior to the second failed 4th down conversion, it was stupid mistakes as much as anything that slowed GB's momentum in Q2.  GMO needs to protect the ball better than that when heading into multiple defenders, and I don't know what to make of Rodgers saying he thought they had made the 1st down on the prior play.  Even if Rodgers did in fact make that mistake, why the heck didn't MLF call a timeout when he sees Rodgers running a 4th down play that he didn't sign off on?  At the very least, those two drives should have produced mid-range FG attempts.

4 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

I agree with most of that. Not sure why you have such harsh words for Tramon and Trevor Davis, though. I didn't see Tramon give up any big plays today, while his teammates gave up plenty. And I'm not sure if Trevor Davis has even had a chance to return a kickoff or punt yet, and he hasn't fumbled or anything. 

I thought Tramon was on Beebe when he had the big catch and run.  Haven't re-watched anything yet, so maybe not.

23 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Griffen and Joseph both seemed a little slower than before. Fingers crossed.

I though Barr for the most part was invisible and Rhodes didn't exactly stand out.

Harrison Smith is going to be a pro bowler until I die. Kendricks is really good and Hunter continues to be really upsettingly good. 

Rhodes looked slow today, too.

9 minutes ago, Cheech said:

Rhodes looked slow today, too.

That crossing route to Adams where he was trailing it looked like he had a piano on his back and Adams is no speed merchant. He looks a lot bigger to me as well, like maybe too much fried chicken or something. 

3 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Tramon still sees it but he simply can’t break on the ball anymore. Gotta give one of Brown/Jackson a shot and well, I really don’t like the idea of putting Alexander back in the slot with Jackson in there because Jackson surely isn’t going to be playing there. 

That's going to be Minkha Fitzpatrick's spot next week so no worries. 

• Like 1

Loving our defense.  Love that we got Aaron Jones going.  Only downer is the pass game.  We need someone to step up.  Frankly neither of Allison or MVS's spots should be safe.  If this continues, we have to start trotting out Kumerow and Lazard to see what we got there.

Im concerned, but I also recognize we played two elite defenses.  Not gonna get any easier next week.  But our defense should be ready to feast on Flacco  

39 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Between GMO's fumble, and Rodgers apparently thinking it was 1st down prior to the second failed 4th down conversion, it was stupid mistakes as much as anything that slowed GB's momentum in Q2.  GMO needs to protect the ball better than that when heading into multiple defenders, and I don't know what to make of Rodgers saying he thought they had made the 1st down on the prior play.  Even if Rodgers did in fact make that mistake, why the heck didn't MLF call a timeout when he sees Rodgers running a 4th down play that he didn't sign off on?  At the very least, those two drives should have produced mid-range FG attempts.

LaFleur said after the game that he should have called a timeout. I think it just happened too fast with Rodgers hurrying the team to the line to take advantage of what he thought was a favourably bad spot under 2 minutes. You don't see a gaffe like that very often with Rodgers.