Packers & Vikings Postgame

Leader

2 hours ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Offense sputtered but overall, I thought Rodgers played decent. I'd have to take a closer look at assigning fault on sacks, but on first blush his accuracy looked far better than I've come to be used to the last year or so.

I would have to go back and see how much pressure was coming up the middle but a few times I remember thinking Rodgers really needed to step up in the pocket. Most of the pressure seemed like it was coming from the edges and he would just stand 7 yards back or even back up a couple steps with pressure clearly coming at him from the edges. 

I am interested to see where this O-line ends up leveling out at. On paper they look pretty good and should be even better with Jenkins getting more playing time but they have had some struggles against a couple really good fronts. Rodgers hasn't had a ton of time. 

Edited by Victor1124

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

2nd and long run is going to give me drinking problems.

@AlexGreen#20 How many 2nd and long runs did GB have today?

I counted 12 plays from 2nd and long (7 yards or more).    4 runs, 8 passes.....not sure what type of ratio you are looking for here.  Maybe it is just the lack of gaining enough positive yards that is the issue.  If so, there were more passes that failed to gain enough yards.  

10 minutes ago, squire12 said:

@AlexGreen#20 How many 2nd and long runs did GB have today?

I counted 12 plays from 2nd and long (7 yards or more).    4 runs, 8 passes.....not sure what type of ratio you are looking for here.  Maybe it is just the lack of gaining enough positive yards that is the issue.  If so, there were more passes that failed to gain enough yards.  

As long as it's not more than the passes, unless of course we are up by a ton or the running game is working.

Andy Herman:  If Raven Greene were to be out a while, one intriguing name to keep an eye on would be Obi Melifonwu who was initially on New England’s 53 but is now on their practice squad. He’s sort of on-brand for Brian Gutekunst and has the versatility that Pettine loves.

A lot of you have already hit many of the positives on the head. Offense coming along, defense holding their own and so fourth. I especially like that we have now seen in back to back weeks that our FA pick ups are making plays. Not just one guy, but a lot of them are contributing and have really given this team some new life. Yes there are things that need to be worked on. There are for many NFL teams in week 2. That being said, even watching the post game huddle in the locker room shows you that this team is one. These guys like it here, are playing good ball, and have bought in from what it appears. I'm not crowning us anything at this moment, but I am telling you, it has been a hot minute since I felt this good about one of our teams. Especially at the beginning of a season. A lot of season left, but so far a lot more positive than negative. Keep working, cleaning things up, I like where we could be. 

Edited by Toddfather
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

It's kind of odd even Fadol Brown is over him. But I will say our DL hasn't looked too terrible so far. 

Yea, maybe they think Brown is a more versatile but Keke had a really good preseason and even though our DL hasn't looked terrible; he could add some interior pass rush.

2 hours ago, St Vince said:

Didn't see the entire game but seeing you didn't write a single thing about Gary is pretty concerning. 

I noticed him a few times.  He has a zero on the stat sheet again though.  I remember one play where he kept Cousins from rolling out so he had to throw before he wanted.  And another that I think was called back for a penalty, but he ran across the field to be in the general area of the tackle, which showed impressive speed and hustle.  I think for a guy that is more of a project like Gary it is better to see minimal impact than to see him get pancaked or juked out.  

47 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman:  If Raven Greene were to be out a while, one intriguing name to keep an eye on would be Obi Melifonwu who was initially on New England’s 53 but is now on their practice squad. He’s sort of on-brand for Brian Gutekunst and has the versatility that Pettine loves.

When are Burks and Campbell able to return? I would imagine that we see more Will Redmond and Tramon at the third safety spot.  They aren't as stout but depending on the match-up they can probably play.  Amos might do more of the heavy lifting.