Packers & Vikings Postgame

Leader

This sounds a bit presumptuous but this team could realistically start 6-1. However, the 2nd half of the schedule is brutal with tough road games. The game at the KC should be interesting because that will be high measuring stick to judge whether this offense is title worthy.

Edited by Howler

Good win. Well, not really. It was ugly but you guys took it. Congratulations and good luck the rest of the way. 

I was never a fan of Cousins. I just assumes our front office knew something we as “arm chair “ quarterbacks didn’t.  

Oh well.  Maybe we will have our Aaron Rodgers one day.....  maybe.  One day.  

See you guys later on. 

• Like 2

Positives :

Kenny Clark- strip sack and two penalties I believe . Runs against us were more off tackle I believe. KC has taken the leap and is playing some incredible ball.

Jaire and K King- I’m so impressed by these two. Were they perfect, no. I think both of these guys are both close to elite play. Jaire was everywhere, and a few inches on a couple games and we woulda been gushing over his games. That’s football though, I still loved Jaire’s game. Kevin King ain’t too far behind Jaire. Was it his fault on the Diggs TD or a blown coverage ? Regardless, the talent is evident. Once this guy gets more experience, the sky is the limit. 

Preston Williams @AlexGreen#20 said it best, most impressive player outside of the stat sheet. Tough as nails, always in the right spot. Preston has been everything we wanted and then some. 

Zadarius Smith- made some real nice plays today. I’ll say it again, very happy he’s leading our defense. 

Negatives: 

MLF- needs to clean it up. The challenges are bad. He needs to put our best players out there. And I don’t know how to best say this, but there was no ‘flow’ after the first quarter . I really wasn’t a fan of how the game was called . 

Jimmy Graham- I’ll say it again, red zone or nothing. He’s done. 

Those are the things that stick out the most for me. I didn’t post this but for the first half of the year I’m just concerned with winning. The offense is going to be a work in progress and I think we all need to understand that. After week 7-8 then we may have to start getting worried if there is no progress, but right now we need to live with the bumps of our offense. We played against two very good defenses and the offense wasn’t good. It can get better , it’s very early . Be patient .

10 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Beebe 1 rec 61 yards. Diggs 1 rec 49 yards. That's 110 of Cousins' 230. Add in Cook's 75 yarder and our defense dominated the rest of the day with a few gigantic plays sprinkled in. 

Knowing this is Don's kid is making me feel ancient.  lol

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Positives :

Kenny Clark- strip sack and two penalties I believe . Runs against us were more off tackle I believe. KC has taken the leap and is playing some incredible ball.

Jaire and K King- I’m so impressed by these two. Were they perfect, no. I think both of these guys are both close to elite play. Jaire was everywhere, and a few inches on a couple games and we woulda been gushing over his games. That’s football though, I still loved Jaire’s game. Kevin King ain’t too far behind Jaire. Was it his fault on the Diggs TD or a blown coverage ? Regardless, the talent is evident. Once this guy gets more experience, the sky is the limit. 

Preston Williams @AlexGreen#20 said it best, most impressive player outside of the stat sheet. Tough as nails, always in the right spot. Preston has been everything we wanted and then some. 

Zadarius Smith- made some real nice plays today. I’ll say it again, very happy he’s leading our defense. 

Negatives: 

MLF- needs to clean it up. The challenges are bad. He needs to put our best players out there. And I don’t know how to best say this, but there was no ‘flow’ after the first quarter . I really wasn’t a fan of how the game was called . 

Jimmy Graham- I’ll say it again, red zone or nothing. He’s done. 

Those are the things that stick out the most for me. I didn’t post this but for the first half of the year I’m just concerned with winning. The offense is going to be a work in progress and I think we all need to understand that. After week 7-8 then we may have to start getting worried if there is no progress, but right now we need to live with the bumps of our offense. We played against two very good defenses and the offense wasn’t good. It can get better , it’s very early . Be patient .

Graham has no business even trying to block anybody.  He never was good at it and now he's dreadful.  We don't need him in there to get Rodgers killed.

44 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Graham has no business even trying to block anybody.  He never was good at it and now he's dreadful.  We don't need him in there to get Rodgers killed.

In Graham's defense, I don't think there is any tight end in the league who could block Danielle Hunter one-on-one in open space. That was either a poorly designed play or Rodgers held onto the ball too long. Graham does not look good in the passing game, though, and I think it may be time to start running Robert Tonyan out there in his place. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

In Graham's defense, I don't think there is any tight end in the league who could block Danielle Hunter one-on-one in open space. That was either a poorly designed play or Rodgers held onto the ball too long. Graham does not look good in the passing game, though, and I think it may be time to start running Robert Tonyan out there in his place. 

I was just thinking this morning that Tonyan may offer more in the passing game than Graham. Maybe he gets a chance and succeeds we shall see.

The first quarter we ran all these different formations, threw guys in motion, used misdirection and we were steamrolling a Vikings D that isn't that great when you make them think instead of react. Then we go away from it and do nothing the rest of the game. Coaching fail right there.

Everything else was great.

5 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

The first quarter we ran all these different formations, threw guys in motion, used misdirection and we were steamrolling a Vikings D that isn't that great when you make them think instead of react. Then we go away from it and do nothing the rest of the game. Coaching fail right there.

Everything else was great.

I'm sure the Vikings adjusted a bit and took some things away, but the Packers never really got back on track after the Allison fumble.  Luckily we were able to do just enough to salt the game away at the end.  The offense managed a few key first downs on that last drive.  

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 1