The Iron Chef!!

Illadelegend215

So ladies and gents, although we are currently in the dumps from that sickening loss to the rotten cheese, I have to bring up the fact that we have a certified BEAST at running back. Dalvin Cook is something extraordinary and we are lucky that we went straight from Adrian Peterson to this kid here. At 5’10 his raw strength and power is ridiculous, as well as his quick feet for cuts and change of motion. He is also a very smart runner, creating space in the back field to allow holes to open up. He also is an efficient blocker as well as sure handed (can line up out wide and be a legit threat) which makes him a 3 down back.

I believe he is leading the league in rushing (it’s only week 2, but hey i’ll take it). The run blocking has been pretty average, but he has taken the ball and run with it effectively regardless. With this kid healthy, what do you think the chances are of us getting far into the playoffs? 

Was today ugly? Yes. But I think people are overreacting with the passing game. 

It’s the 2nd week of a new scheme and a new play caller. I’m not ready to hit the panic button. 

Cook is a game changer, however. The running game seems to have their part of the offense down, and maybe that’s because they put so much emphasis on it during the preseason. Hopefully the run game can keep the team in games while the passing game catches up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Was today ugly? Yes. But I think people are overreacting with the passing game. 

It’s the 2nd week of a new scheme and a new play caller. I’m not ready to hit the panic button. 

Cook is a game changer, however. The running game seems to have their part of the offense down, and maybe that’s because they put so much emphasis on it during the preseason. Hopefully the run game can keep the team in games while the passing game catches up. 

Disagree about the scheme and playcalling. Kirk missed receivers badly and made terrible choices when plays broke down. Many of the playcalls were fine. It was the execution that was bad.

Cook was great. We need to hitch our cart to him and ride him as far as he'll take us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wcblack34 said:

Disagree about the scheme and playcalling. Kirk missed receivers badly and made terrible choices when plays broke down. Many of the playcalls were fine. It was the execution that was bad.

Execution can improve as players get used to a new scheme. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Klomp said:

There are three RBs with over 200 rushing yards through Week 2:

Dalvin Cook 265
Saquon Barkley 227
Marlon Mack 225

Most rushing yards through first two weeks in Vikings history

Adrian Peterson 272 (2009)
Robert Smith 269 (1998)
Dalvin Cook 265 (2019)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Klomp said:

Most rushing yards through first two weeks in Vikings history

Adrian Peterson 272 (2009)
Robert Smith 269 (1998)
Dalvin Cook 265 (2019)

Wow that’s pretty impressive! Cook will have to keep cooking for us to have a chance at the Super Bowl this year. The change of direction he has is almost inhuman lol

31 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Let's just make the playoffs first.

The running game can't do it alone.  Defenses will eventually scheme stopping Cook and Mattison, daring the passing game to beat them.