Sign in to follow this  
Illadelegend215

The Iron Chef!!

46 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I wonder if he'll hold out next year.

I doubt it...he's smart enough to see what happened when Leveon Bell and Marvin Gordon tried that tactic.  

another thing to think about when it comes to ROI on extending cook this season. the top 8 running backs this season in terms of cap hit MISSED the playoffs. for that i'm not including mckinnon or lamar miller, who went on IR while their teams made the playoffs. 

meanwhile, having productive backs on cheap contracts has helped a lot of playoff teams: dalvin cook ($1.7 mil), derrick henry ($1.7 mil), chris carson ($661K), aaron jones ($695K). the teams that "splurged" on veteran running backs got guys that were reliable and relatively cheap: james white and dion lewis make less than $5 million and mark ingram's cap hit is $3.3 mil this season. 

On 1/2/2020 at 11:17 AM, VikeManDan said:

I wonder if he'll hold out next year.

He has no leverage to do so. He’s never healthy and he’s only been good for maybe half a season in his career. Cook really hasn’t been relevant since November this year. 

6 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

He has no leverage to do so. He’s never healthy and he’s only been good for maybe half a season in his career. Cook really hasn’t been relevant since November this year. 

I agree with you that he doesn’t. Hopefully he wants to really prove himself next season.