The Iron Chef!!

Illadelegend215

On 9/15/2019 at 11:50 PM, Klomp said:

Cook's change of direction ability at top speed is special. He doesn't slow down to try to outjuke his defender. He just changes his angle and runs right past him.

yeah that acceleration from the 25 to the 30 after his cut is special, so many players would have gotten tackled by the linebacker.

also, i love the first stat on the ticker. eli manning 0/4, 0 yards. saquon barkley, 6 rushes 61 yards and a TD lol.

On 9/15/2019 at 9:00 PM, Klomp said:

There are three RBs with over 200 rushing yards through Week 2:

Dalvin Cook 265
Saquon Barkley 227
Marlon Mack 225

RBs with over 250 yards from scrimmage (rushing/receiving):

Dalvin Cook 313 (265/46)

Austin Ekeler 287 (124/163)

Saquon Barkley 274 (227/47)

Christian McCaffrey 262 (165/97)

Derrick Henry 253 (166/87)

though to be fair, mccaffrey is the only one on that list whose numbers aren't buoyed by a 50+ yard play.

9 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Watching Cook, he doesn’t have the power that Peterson had, but he’s got the quickness and the speed. But I actually think that Cook has better vision than Peterson. 

Adrian was/is a 2 yard, -2 yard, 1 yard, 4 yard, -2 yard, 64 yard, 2 yard, 9 yard type of runner. Basically straight ahead into the linebackers/secondary THEN makes people miss.

Cook's vision at the line allows him to pick the right hole and see it coming before it's there so he's constantly getting 5+ yards per carry with minimal losses/stuffs at the line. Like you said, he doesn't have Adrian's power and I don't think he's quite as allusive as AD but his vision gets him to the linebackers consistently.

Adrian is Miguel Sano. May strikeout 4-5 times before hitting a 475 yard blast
Cook is Joe Mauer. Consistently consistent and can hit a homer every once in a while but his bread and butter is singles/doubles.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228
  • Like 2

We are embarrassingly deep at RB. I think Mike Boone is even starting caliber in the NFL. Cook is something else. On one of his runs I had to control myself because I thought, “goodness, this guy might be better than AP.” He does not have the physicality, that’s for sure. But I saw Cook finishing runs like I’ve never seen today. Throw in that punisher against Deon Jones last week? His burst and shiftiness are unreal. I really like that the Vikings chose to find a quasi-thumper like Mattison to spell Cook. 33 doesn’t need to be a 30 carry guy.