Sign in to follow this  
Illadelegend215

The Iron Chef!!

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

His first season he got hurt week 4. There was no back eight to draw that conclusion.

There certainly was a back eight games. Cook was unable to go. Health is a concern related to Cook. I assume that is why Mr @CriminalMind said that Cook had always been more productive in the first eight games. 

You are correct that in his second season he was more productive in the last eight games. It wasn't even close. Again, health was the issue. So, I'll have to agree that Mr @CriminalMind's statement that he had always been more productive in the first eight games was false. However, owing to the health concerns related to Dalvin Cook, I would still be willing to bet that Cook will be less productive in the last eight games than the first eight games.

Missing time with a groin injury hasn’t stopped Vikings running back Dalvin Cook from putting up impressive statistical totals this season. Cook exited the Vikings’ Week Five game against the Seahawks early, then missed Week Six against the Falcons. Missing a game and a half out of nine games played would ordinarily keep a player from topping the statistical leaderboards.

But Cook still leads the NFL with 954 rushing yards, 12 rushing touchdowns, 1,143 yards from scrimmage and 13 total touchdowns. He also leads the NFL with three two-point conversions, giving him a total of 84 points this season, which gives him a chance at being the first non-kicker to lead the NFL in points scored since LaDainian Tomlinson in 2006.

Cook’s average of 119.3 rushing yards per game is the best the NFL has seen since Adrian Peterson averaged 131.1 yards per game in 2012.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/17/despite-injury-dalvin-cook-leads-nfl-in-rush-yards-scrimmage-yards-tds/

• Like 1

Titans running back Derrick Henry has a narrow lead over Vikings running back Dalvin Cook in the race to lead the league in rushing. But Henry says Cook is the No. 1 runner in the NFL.

Henry: “Dalvin Cook is having a phenomenal season. Right now, I would say he’s the best back in football. Just week after week, always dominating. Always having a great game. Running the ball. Catching the ball. Very explosive. I love watching him run on film, he is doing a great job this year. That guy’s just been incredible the whole year. He runs hard, runs through tackles, makes guys miss. He’s just been balling.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/26/derrick-henry-dalvin-cook-is-the-best-back-in-the-nfl/

• Like 1

I don't know if Cook can sustain the workload we have given him. Our offense is really clicking, but can we keep that going if Cook misses any time?

• Like 1