How are the refs so awful

Breesus mode

The answer to how refs are this bad is simple, because the fans have no patience.  None of this changes without full-time referees.  There will be no full-time referees until there is a *successful* referee lockout - one where fans don't go kneejerk at the first egregious call and scream to the heavens about how it's the worst thing imaginable and there's no way that the real refs are really worse than the replacement refs (they're both equally as bad) and completely kneecap the leverage the league has to push for full-time referees.

This sounds cynical, but fans are getting exactly what they deserve after the way they handled the last bargaining/lockout period between the NFL and the refs union.

• Like 8

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Unfortunately, I just watched the entire game. The bad call on the turnover happened in the 2nd quarter. Your team lost by 3 scores. You didn't "get hosed", you got outplayed. Badly.

Yes Teddy Bridgewater sucks, how does that in any way absolve the call I’m talking about? Rhetorical question: it doesn’t.

• Like 2

Just now, Breesus mode said:

Yes Teddy Bridgewater sucks, how does that in any way absolve the call I’m talking about? Rhetorical question: it doesn’t.

Because bad calls happen in literally every single game, and that call, while bad on it's own, is no different from any other bad call that happens throughout a game that is ultimately inconsequential. I'm merely pointing out that when you try to lump your teams' woes in with what just happened in Chicago, you're being ridiculous.

• Like 1