Jump to content
Breesus mode

How are the refs so awful

Recommended Posts

Just now, Breesus mode said:

Both the Saints and Broncos got absolutely hosed today. Why does the NFL keep letting this happen?

Yeah, not doing anything offensively for 90% of the game does hose your chances of winning.

Bears on the other hand did get screwed royally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately NFL refs face very little accountability.

A lot of this has to do with the fiasco in 2012.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah, not doing anything offensively for 90% of the game does hose your chances of winning.

Bears on the other hand did get screwed royally.

You’re an idiot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Breesus mode said:

You’re an idiot

Your offense put up like 200 total yards and you lost by 18 points. Stop blaming the refs for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Breesus mode said:

You’re an idiot

Let's not call each other names. You know better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Your offense put up like 200 total yards and you lost by 18 points. Stop blaming the refs for that.

TFW you think you know what you are taking about, but really don’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Breesus mode said:

TFW you think you know what you are taking about, but really don’t.

Unfortunately, I just watched the entire game. The bad call on the turnover happened in the 2nd quarter. Your team lost by 3 scores. You didn't "get hosed", you got outplayed. Badly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rich to blame the refs. It was a bad call. Also debatable on the call prior that it was a penalty on the Woods TD. Nothing the Saints did today led anyone to believe they would have won with that TD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The answer to how refs are this bad is simple, because the fans have no patience.  None of this changes without full-time referees.  There will be no full-time referees until there is a *successful* referee lockout - one where fans don't go kneejerk at the first egregious call and scream to the heavens about how it's the worst thing imaginable and there's no way that the real refs are really worse than the replacement refs (they're both equally as bad) and completely kneecap the leverage the league has to push for full-time referees.

This sounds cynical, but fans are getting exactly what they deserve after the way they handled the last bargaining/lockout period between the NFL and the refs union.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Unfortunately, I just watched the entire game. The bad call on the turnover happened in the 2nd quarter. Your team lost by 3 scores. You didn't "get hosed", you got outplayed. Badly.

Yes Teddy Bridgewater sucks, how does that in any way absolve the call I’m talking about? Rhetorical question: it doesn’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

Rich to blame the refs. It was a bad call. Also debatable on the call prior that it was a penalty on the Woods TD. Nothing the Saints did today led anyone to believe they would have won with that TD. 

It’s almost like losing a HOF QB is bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Breesus mode said:

Yes Teddy Bridgewater sucks, how does that in any way absolve the call I’m talking about? Rhetorical question: it doesn’t.

Because bad calls happen in literally every single game, and that call, while bad on it's own, is no different from any other bad call that happens throughout a game that is ultimately inconsequential. I'm merely pointing out that when you try to lump your teams' woes in with what just happened in Chicago, you're being ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×