How are the refs so awful

Breesus mode

1 minute ago, NVRamsFan said:

If I were to guess I'd wager one of two things. Hit to the head or hitting him high and low. But I'm not sure, might be a question for Gene. 

But the ball was already out is my point.  At that point he's just like any other player.  Now if he was hit before the ball was out or the ball came out due to the hit, that's one thing.  Also I think he's just trying to cover for the refs as no one called that roughing the passer except him.

11 minutes ago, Raves said:

But the ball was already out is my point.  At that point he's just like any other player.  Now if he was hit before the ball was out or the ball came out due to the hit, that's one thing.  Also I think he's just trying to cover for the refs as no one called that roughing the passer except him.

I noticed on a replay that someone hit Goff in the face. Looked like a penalty but not obvious from the broadcast. I think they missed it but it was by no means obvious. 

I don't think you can hit a QB in a facemask like that but I've never seen it called roughing after a strip sack like that. Guessing Stratore knows what he's talking about but idk. 

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Saints fans are the only ones who have made getting "screwed by refs" a slogan and meme. It's quite enjoyable, really.

Again. Lots of generalizations going on here. That leads to issues on the forum and why it’s frowned upon to discuss fanbases. But since you brought it up....

Some Saints fans are looking to the future and moved on, bad calls happen and it’s over. Other saints fans can’t let it go and are playing the woe is me card.

You’d have groups of fans from ANY team complaining if they had 3 egregious calls on pivotal plays 3 games in a row. If you think the other fan bases are all just gonna swallow it and move on silently in solidarity, Id say you have a deep misunderstanding of sports fandom. 

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I never see Rams fans going all over social media with complaints about calls and the zebras. 

Uh. Where were you last year? They had a friggin petition to have a ref removed from their games.

this further proves my point (as well as you saying the raiders haven’t moved on from the tuck rule). All fan bases are going to have groups of petty fans who can’t move on. 

2 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I noticed on a replay that someone hit Goff in the face. Looked like a penalty but not obvious from the broadcast. I think they missed it but it was by no means obvious. 

I don't think you can hit a QB in a facemask like that but I've never seen it called roughing after a strip sack like that. Guessing Stratore knows what he's talking about but idk. 

Now if they awnt to call it illegal hands to the face, that's one thing, but roughing the passer is not the right call IMO.

8 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

Saints brought it on themselves by crying all offseason - Refs will have it in for them for life and I'm gonna love every minute of it #salty

Today is salty, but that call in the post-season was outrageous to be fair. They had every right to be aggrieved.

It's too convenient to blame refs for yesterday though

7 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

What does this have to do with anything?    No one is saying it doesnt hurt or that Brees wouldnt have made a huge difference.

The point is, your team got thoroughly outplayed, bad call or no.

And I rarely agree with AFlaccoSeagulls.

We lost because Drew Brees went down.

And my point is we got hosed by a bad call.

9 hours ago, The LBC said:

The answer to how refs are this bad is simple, because the fans have no patience.  None of this changes without full-time referees.  There will be no full-time referees until there is a *successful* referee lockout - one where fans don't go kneejerk at the first egregious call and scream to the heavens about how it's the worst thing imaginable and there's no way that the real refs are really worse than the replacement refs (they're both equally as bad) and completely kneecap the leverage the league has to push for full-time referees.

This sounds cynical, but fans are getting exactly what they deserve after the way they handled the last bargaining/lockout period between the NFL and the refs union.

The NFL was always going to lose that one. Sorry. As it stands right now, most refs don’t have an incentive to be pulled from their actual well paying job to be a full time official. The NFL would need to dramatically increase their salary to be worth it and then you’d be forsaking your job to be at the whim of fans who might decide the mistake you made one week was egregious and scream for you to be fired, the reffing unions go far beyond the NFL and you wouldn’t get lower level college refs to jump. 

And the reality is, since nearly all the refs have full time jobs, a strike isn’t going to hurt them. This supplements their income. It’s not going to break it. 

They will wait out the replacement refs to  screw up enough and those refs will, once it happens in the playoffs and not the first few weeks it will be undeniable. 

Not that there’s any empirical proof being a full time ref makes you any better to begin with. 

I'm biased towards refs because I was at an NFL game where a Back Judge [BJ] ref was being ridiculed the whole second half of the game from the endzone kinda felt for that guy. 

It was a bang bang endzone call I thought the one liner was funny one time. Not two quarters from drunk fans.

Broncos had multiple chances to play better throughout that game to negate the poor call against Chubb that final drive. Chicago was the better team.