A.M- Life After Marcus Watch (options?)

KingTitan

20 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I dint like Hurts... But I also didn't think Mahomes was going to be what he become... And a Tech alumn. 

So many QBs from that Air Raid system failed, then he comes along and sets the league on fire. And partly because of that, people will continue going for those Riley QBs. 

If Hurts somehow falls to the 2nd, I'd pull the trigger... See if he's got what it takes to be the next great QB. But I know the risk is huge that 3-5 years later, we're in te same boat we've been in for more than a decade here... Questioning what we have at QB, if we're lucky. 

Mahomes' mechanics in college were a gigantic mess.

A large portion of his success is owed to Reid(and his offensive staff) fixing his mechanics. Most teams don't have coaches that can do that.

18 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Jordan Love off everyone's wish list yet lol.

Burrow is really good at selling play-action.

I never liked Love. He seemed to be a pure system guy and don't have any traits that seems to translate to being a QB that can play anywhere. 

My Burrow crush is fading some but I think he is better than Herbert. 

4 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I never liked Love. He seemed to be a pure system guy and don't have any traits that seems to translate to being a QB that can play anywhere. 

My Burrow crush is fading some but I think he is better than Herbert. 

Love was never an option for me. Mariota will be a better pro than him. I love the cut ups I've seen of Burrow, but haven't seen as much of the recent games live. I just don't have the time I used to on the weekends to watch football all day both days. It's sad really lol.

QB crushes fading could be Mariota related. I even notice it in myself. When he plays well it's easier to find college QBs less attractive. You'll pay a lot more for water in a desert than you would in your air conditioned kitchen lol. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Love was never an option for me. Mariota will be a better pro than him. I love the cut ups I've seen of Burrow, but haven't seen as much of the recent games live. I just don't have the time I used to on the weekends to watch football all day both days. It's sad really lol.

QB crushes fading could be Mariota related. I even notice it in myself. When he plays well it's easier to find college QBs less attractive. You'll pay a lot more for water in a desert than you would in your air conditioned kitchen lol. 

Very good point about the crushes lol. 

After a good week this whole thing feels silly to consider not having him. 

But then we know what happens too often after a good week or two b

On 05.10.2019 at 10:07 PM, TitanSS said:

Jordan Love off everyone's wish list yet lol.

Burrow is really good at selling play-action.

Nah, I still love Love. One bad game in which he still flashes his talent a few times against basically an NFL defense in terms of talent discrepancy won't change that.

5 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

Nah, I still love Love. One bad game in which he still flashes his talent a few times against basically an NFL defense in terms of talent discrepancy won't change that.

Love looks like he will suck so bad. I don't see anything there. 

But I've just seen clips. Not a full game. 

6 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

It probably should.  He got reamed by LSU, which is, no matter how good it may be, probably a little worse than the worst NFL defense.  Love better be able to have a great showing against another good defense, or it'll be hard to argue he's anything but fool's gold.

I mean, every other team LSU has played scored more points against them and threw fewer interceptions than Love did.  He had the worst performance of any QB facing LSU so far.  That's a huge, screaming red flag.

Edited by Daniel
mispelling
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Daniel said:

It probably should.  He got reamed by LSU, which is, no matter how good it may be, probably a little worse than the worst NFL defense.  Love better be able to have a great showing against another good defense, or it'll be hard to argue he's anything but fool's gold.

I mean, every other team LSU has played scored more points against them and threw fewer interceptions than Love did.  He had the worst performance of any QB facing LSU so far.  That's a huge, screaming red flag.

Allen struggled against Iowa (IIRC) and other bigger schools he faced. Daniel Jones struggled against Clemson. It happens when even a very talented QB on a small school and a roster depleted of talent is facing off against one of the biggest college programs. Wasn't enough of a red flag for teams to dismiss the talent and potential that Allen or Jones had, and same should hold true for Love.

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Love looks like he will suck so bad. I don't see anything there. 

But I've just seen clips. Not a full game. 

I disagree with this. I think his arm talent is great. He can throw it on the run, off platform. Quick release, can throw it with anticipation. Mobile, can run if he needs to. Sure he needs to improve some of his field reading, but I think he definitely displayed he has the mental ability to do so. I really love him as a prospect.

1 hour ago, Andrei01 said:

Allen struggled against Iowa (IIRC) and other bigger schools he faced. Daniel Jones struggled against Clemson. It happens when even a very talented QB on a small school and a roster depleted of talent is facing off against one of the biggest college programs. Wasn't enough of a red flag for teams to dismiss the talent and potential that Allen or Jones had, and same should hold true for Love.

And he's looking like he's heading straight to bust status, so far.  Jones is a rookie.  Even assuming either of those is valid: did they put up the worst statistical performance against those schools of all QBs that faced them (hint: they didn't)?  Because if not, it's not really a valid comparison.

You expect QBs to struggle against tough defenses.  You don't (or at least really shouldn't) expect them to be able to do nothing, especially if they're supposed to be a first round talent.  And if that kind of a struggle doesn't at least affect your opinion of him, especially when that looks to be the only tough game he'll have left.

He also struggled against Wake Forest.

18 minutes ago, Daniel said:

And he's looking like he's heading straight to bust status, so far.  Jones is a rookie.  Even assuming either of those is valid: did they put up the worst statistical performance against those schools of all QBs that faced them (hint: they didn't)?  Because if not, it's not really a valid comparison.

You expect QBs to struggle against tough defenses.  You don't (or at least really shouldn't) expect them to be able to do nothing, especially if they're supposed to be a first round talent.  And if that kind of a struggle doesn't at least affect your opinion of him, especially when that looks to be the only tough game he'll have left.

He also struggled against Wake Forest.

Huh? Maybe we have different definitions of what a bust really is, then, if you're thinking that's where Allen is headed. And yes, Jones is a top 10 pick in the Draft rookie who has been nothing but promising since he took over the starting job. And also, perhaps the bigger part of the point that I was trying to make is that NFL teams didn't sway away from them for poor single game performances. Their traits ended up being more important than that.

And yes, Allen threw for 174 yards, 0 TDs and 2 INTs, finishing up with 3 points scored. Threw for 0 TDs and 1 INT with 37.5 completion rate against Oregon. Had a 1 TD, 5 INTs game the year before against Nebraska.

If 68% completion rate, 400+ yards, 3 TDs and 3 INTs for a 35-point outcome is struggling, then maybe we have different definitions of what struggling means too. Sure he threw some picks, and IIRC one of them was pretty bad, the other two was him thinking his arm could do more than it can. It happens. The overall performance, as indicated by the rest of the numbers, was much more impressive than the 3 picks thrown would suggest.