A.M- Life After Marcus Watch (options?)

KingTitan

37 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

If these are our options next year, which do you take?

-Brady + Day 2 QB
-Dalton
-Tannehill + a 1st round QB

I'm not putting Brady and a 1st rounder because it's hard for me to imagine that he'd sign here and we don't pick up a talent at another position for him while he's here.

I mean... is this a trick question?

38 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

If these are our options next year, which do you take?

-Brady + Day 2 QB
-Dalton
-Tannehill + a 1st round QB

I'm not putting Brady and a 1st rounder because it's hard for me to imagine that he'd sign here and we don't pick up a talent at another position for him while he's here.

Serious question? Anyone who doesn’t pick Brady + Day 2 QB clearly doesn’t want to win. That’s a no brainer. I don’t care if Tannehill leads us to the playoffs, you take Brady easily.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

19 minutes ago, titanrick said:

I mean... is this a trick question?

Guess I'm not sure we get the same Brady that's played throughout the majority of his career.

And do you want to pass on a better QB in the draft for a year or two of old man Tom. Just throwing things into the ether for discussion.

Edited by titansNvolsR#1

12 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I'd take Tannehill over Dalton lol

Not that I think it would happen, but if you think you want to win now, with this defense, you go Brady. The real questions is, with their defense, why would he want to leave?

Maybe he’s tired of Belichicks ****? He wants to show he can win without Belichick? Relationship with Vrabel? Probably hand picks his OC? Plus I’ll say this, that defense is good. It’s damn good but I do think it’s overrated as well. Have you seen that schedule they’ve played? Also it must be nice to be rested constantly. Would definitely like to see that defense and how they’d do with a offense like the Titans where they practically have to win the games. Like I said, it’s a damn good defense but I don’t think it’s that much better than the other great defenses in the league like the 49ers and a Vikings. Honestly don’t think he’s getting that much of a drop off in defense if he comes here.

1 hour ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Guess I'm not sure we get the same Brady that's played throughout the majority of his career.

And do you want to pass on a better QB in the draft for a year or two of old man Tom. Just throwing things into the ether for discussion.

Yeah, that’s the concern. Brady hasn’t really looked like himself this season, even though that defense is nasty. And we’d be getting him another year removed.

All that said, I will believe Brady is leaving New England for anything other than retirement when I see it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

True, but I may take 50 year old Tom over Tannehill and Dalton.  The cost of a 1st rd QB vs a 2nd rd QB doesn't concern me at all.  We have whiffed more often then not.

As it stands today I'd be more than happy to bring back Tannehill as our starter next year. Granted, I've always liked him more than most, and always felt like he was a good QB that was a victim of bad circumstances in Miami. The possibility of landing Brady would probably change that line of thinking for him and for us, because I'm sure he'll want to be somewhere that he has an opportunity to start. I like Tannehill a lot though, and think he's the type of QB that we need for this team right now. He seems to have given the offense some much needed juice, and he's comfortable in the pocket which makes a huge difference. Obviously we all have a problem with Arthur and how this offense is constructed, but I think up to this point Ryan has done about as well as anybody could've asked, and I don't have any problem saying that I feel like we can win with him going forward through this year and beyond. I think we need to be smart about drafting QBs. If there isn't one that we're absolutely head over heels for I don't want to reach just for the sake of bringing a young guy in. I think Ryan gives us that luxury to wait it out if he can keep playing efficient football like he has through two weeks.

12 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I don't want Tom Brady.

Our offense would make him look old. 

He is looking older even now but with us and our mess, he'd look like a 50 year old. 

He's not the kind of QB that would come in and try to fit into our system.  He's bringing his own system or he's not coming.  If he's doing this at all, it's to prove he can win without Belichick so he's not going to leave anything to chance.

I watched him last night and I admit he didn't look "spry".  But he hasn't been particularly mobile his entire career.  If he gets a free rusher in his face, he just turtles up and takes the sack.  I'm fine with that.  Because when he doesn't, he's standing tall in the pocket, picking apart the defense and making crisp, accurate throws all over the field.  Forget the interception last night, that was just a punt but the WR couldn't touch the DB on the way by.

I'm still firmly in the TB12 camp.  Sign me up!  Let's see what he's got left in the tank when presented with a new challenge.

21 hours ago, titanrick said:

He's not the kind of QB that would come in and try to fit into our system.  He's bringing his own system or he's not coming.  If he's doing this at all, it's to prove he can win without Belichick so he's not going to leave anything to chance.

I watched him last night and I admit he didn't look "spry".  But he hasn't been particularly mobile his entire career.  If he gets a free rusher in his face, he just turtles up and takes the sack.  I'm fine with that.  Because when he doesn't, he's standing tall in the pocket, picking apart the defense and making crisp, accurate throws all over the field.  Forget the interception last night, that was just a punt but the WR couldn't touch the DB on the way by.

I'm still firmly in the TB12 camp.  Sign me up!  Let's see what he's got left in the tank when presented with a new challenge.

Tom Brady will make every single player on our offense better. That's what he does.

4 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Tom Brady will make every single player on our offense better. That's what he does.

Tom Brady for most of the past 20 years has... does this version of Brady still do that?

I'm conflicted on the possiblity of bringing him in. I would like to see what he's got left on a team like ours... especially if it means he brings a coordinator that he's comfortable with and would help the team develop a QB behind him.  I don't know if McDaniels would come with him as an OC... so I don't know who his hand picked OC would be.  I also don't think Brady comes here if they're replacing Vrabel with McDaniels (or anyone else)... it takes away that angle of Vrabel and Brady being "friends"... so that's not an option.

The other option is to get one of those veteran OC's to develop a rookie.  No matter what, we'll end up with 7+ wins... which puts us somewhere in the low teens picks.  We wouldn't necessarily have to trade up to get the QB we would target, but we may want to jump a few spots to ensure we get our guy.  

But we also need an Edge rusher... and potentially a RT... maybe a RG... a RB... I don't know.  But I'm not in love with taking a QB in the 1st this year.  So Brady and a mid round development guy sounds great... but I'm not 100% sold on that either... if its even an option.