A.M- Life After Marcus Watch (options?)

KingTitan

1 minute ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I want nothing to do with Tua. He ain't it.

Tua isn't as good as they hype him up to be. 

You saw how his backup came in and looked great too. 

If Tanny can make plays like today and we fix our blocking. And we do something with our OC. 

Then I'm on board for a 2nd or 3rd round QB and Tanny. 

RT had a great 4th q... Mariota like when Mariota was at his best. 

If he can continue to build on this, I would be comfortable signing him to a modest contract, and making sure we identify the qb we like best, this or next year. Im still not a fan of the QBs that should be available to us in the 1st...too much of a risk in developing them with an unproven and challenged offensive staff. 

I will say, Smiths game plan was better this week... He needed to feed Henry, he did, and Henry rewarded him with a monster game. We also played out receivers more this game I think... Strange on a week with CD out, but thats a positive. But I don't think we targeted or WRs often enough. I just don't get it... They need to fix that. 

And they need to look at the ol... If it means firing the OC coach right now, they need to do that. What was thought to be a Mariota problem, obviously is an offensive problem... Like sucks or WRs aren't getting open... Something's just not working. 

• Like 1

Going back and looking at Tanny's 2 point conversion, it was either a run all the way or a terrible play call. There were not going to be any pass options. 

Tanny is looking like the best option if we are going to to vet route.

But I don't want to do what we did at OC to the QB spot. Sign someone for continuity...and miss out on maybe the better option. 

Tanny and an 2 year deal along with a trade down to the 20s ( if we not there) to draft an 1st round QB and get the extra option year would be great. 

Can pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd to bolster the rush, line and maybe a speed weapon on offense. 

19 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Going back and looking at Tanny's 2 point conversion, it was either a run all the way or a terrible play call. There were not going to be any pass options. 

But I don't want to do what we did at OC to the QB spot. Sign someone for continuity...and miss out on maybe the better option. 

Tanny and an 2 year deal along with a trade down to the 20s ( if we not there) to draft an 1st round QB and get the extra option year would be great. 

Can pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd to bolster the rush, line and maybe a speed weapon on offense. 

Right now that's the option I'm liking best... Sign Tannehill to a modest deal and draft a guy like Jamie Newman in the 20s. Let it be Tannehill's job as long as we're winning. No reason to rush the rookie along. If Tannehill keeps playing like he's been playing there's no reason that he shouldn't be our starter going into next year.  

4 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

Right now that's the option I'm liking best... Sign Tannehill to a modest deal and draft a guy like Jamie Newman in the 20s. Let it be Tannehill's job as long as we're winning. No reason to rush the rookie along. If Tannehill keeps playing like he's been playing there's no reason that he shouldn't be our starter going into next year.  

I starting to like Newman as well. Although he’ll need a few years more to develop, he could be an option. Probably wouldn’t touch him in the first but he’s one of those developmental guys I’d like to grab. I think we need an influx of speed at receiver. Wouldn’t be against bringing in a receiver in the first especially assuming we fire that bozo Artie. Make Joe Brady the OC, find an OL coach worth a damn(maybe Callahan but not sure his preference to zone or man scheme), and draft Ruggs or DeVonta Smith in the first or 2nd round.

38 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I disagree with the bolded part.  

I think we need to target blue chip players... if we're not going QB.   I don't want another Finch/Correa at OLB.  I want an elite blue chip prospect... I think that's the piece keeping our defense from being elite.  Casey is in decline already, if nothing else, just his body is slowly breaking down it seems.  But if we can get a bounce back from him next year, we have an elite line with him, Simmons, and Daquaon at the nose.  Evans and Landry are looking great this year, and Brown has show he's a very good starter as well.  Give us another good edge, and its an elite unit as well.  The secondary, with a pass rush can also be elite.... if they bring Ryan back.  We have the CB trio for at least 1 more year, before we decide to cut Butler and/or give Adoree a 2nd contract.  And Byard may be the best player on our team.  That's a stacked unit, just missing that 1 piece.  

The crazy thing is we're not far on offense either.  Qb really is the weakness, but if Tannehill can continue doing what he's doing while tagetting the WRs more, he's definitely worth a look for the short term... the biggest question I have is sustainability... the completion % is impressive, but is it sustainable?  Our other weakness is the OL, right now... but individually, it's a good line.  Everyone loves to knock Jones, but he's a solid starting center... he gives us what we need.  Lewan has been all-pro, but something is not right this year... can't be the PEDs, since he had passed those before, so its not like it's a long standing issue with him.  Saffold was elite as recently as last year.  Conklin has been up and down, but we know he can be a good RT.  Davis is a rookie, and looks outmatched (putting it very nicely).  We just need a coach that can bring that unit back up... talent wise, it should be an elite unit.  It's hard with Henry... one on hand, RBS are a dime a dozen, and aren't worth big contracts (ie, Gurley).  But he's the best thing we have going on our offense right now...  for the past 17 games or so.  Lewis should be gone, play and money wise... but can we rely on hitting on a RB in the mid rounds of the draft without an option.  If we can resign Ryan early, maybe we tag Henry  if he's not open to a team friendly deal.  See if we can strike gold with a mid round back.  

• Like 1

I don't think anyone thought Mariota was THE problem on offense, but some of us thought he was a problem. He's not the only problem, and I don't think Tannehill is the solution to the problem for the long term, but he certainly was a problem.

I do agree that we need to pursue blue chip talent. Resign Tannehill and get the absolute best QB you can get to develop behind him. I don't want to trade back and take one who is meh or a 2nd round one that will be a career backup. I want the best QB we can get. If we can't get a top talent QB, get the best EDGE or OL we can get.

I wasn't really in favor of paying Derrick Henry, I don't like paying RBs, but I think he's earned it and he's really the only thing going right on our offense, so it's hard not to resign him.