A.M- Life After Marcus Watch (options?)

KingTitan

14 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Seems like they met in the middle if anything. If the FO wanted to force Mariota to play, they just bring in some terrible run of the mill backup. Robinson still went out and traded for Tannehill. Wanting to see what you have in Mariota isn't an unreasonable thing I don't think.

i suppose this is said with the benefit of hindsight, but even so, if the coaching staff has identified one player as being superior and the front office overrules them....that ain’t good.

4 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

you 100% need to give Mariota the chance to start the season. Financially and for the future of the franchise, you have to see if he can bounce back

the only thing worth discussing to me is whether or not Mariota should've been benched sooner

Agreed. 

I think we all know that Marcus needed to be benched. But let's not also act like he did nothing but bad for the team. The same physical plays that Tanny made, Marcus made too. Which is why so many loved him as the QB. He always laid it on the line. 

Him starting the season as starter isn't crazy. This year he looked the worst he ever has. 

Everything is revisionist history. Maybe the Jags game was they moment to bench him, but then we got the Falcons game which much have been one his best games. 

If a kicker makes kicks in the Buffalo and Colts games those are victories. 

But

There offense has looked better with Tanny. L however it still has the same problems that were present. 

In spirit of the thread, what does this mean going forward? 

I think both Robinson and Vrabel both are on board with the switch and on same page of Tanny as the QB. So it's not crazy to think they will be on the same page picking the new QB. 

• Like 1

Ride Tannehill into next year, if you ask me

But like the Henry discussion...what's that contract look like? RT isn't a franchise guy, but he's definitely a starter and one of the 32 best QBs on the planet. 2-year deals aren't really a thing, but 3-year seems too committed haha

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

Ride Tannehill into next year, if you ask me

But like the Henry discussion...what's that contract look like? RT isn't a franchise guy, but he's definitely a starter and one of the 32 best QBs on the planet. 2-year deals aren't really a thing, but 3-year seems too committed haha

i would imagine you probably try to front-load a 3 year deal that's easy to get out of after 2. i'm no good with any of the salary number type stuff though lol, that's best left to others on here

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i would imagine you probably try to front-load a 3 year deal that's easy to get out of after 2. i'm no good with any of the salary number type stuff though lol, that's best left to others on here

that'd be the only way, but I don't know if RT would sign for that.

He'll be 32 next summer...so tough to kinda determine. interesting case. who knows how much longer he wants to play, anyway

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

I don't want to Bortles this thing. 

Can't see us tied to him for 3 years. Lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, -Hope- said:

i suppose this is said with the benefit of hindsight, but even so, if the coaching staff has identified one player as being superior and the front office overrules them....that ain’t good.

I mean after how the Vince Young draft went down, are you really so surprised from this organization?

4 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I mean after how the Vince Young draft went down, are you really so surprised from this organization?

The saying is you give a first round QB especially in top 5, every and I mean every chance to succeed or in this case fail. Missing on one of a big blow mentally and financially. 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The saying is you give a first round QB especially in top 5, every and I mean every chance to succeed or in this case fail. Missing on one of a big blow mentally and financially. 

Well judging by the initial coaching hires during MM's grooming years, we didn't seem to give two ****s at the time about that. Or else people are really, really awful within the organization for figuring out who needs to lead the team.

11 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Well judging by the initial coaching hires during MM's grooming years, we didn't seem to give two ****s at the time about that. Or else people are really, really awful within the organization for figuring out who needs to lead the team.

Yeah. Organization isn't a beacon of picking talented QBs.