A.M- Life After Marcus Watch (options?)

KingTitan

28 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

How is Carr a much better passer?

To me it is the eye test. The feel and command he shows when I watch. 
I brought up how Marcus lacks the consistent feel of a QB that is control. I think we could take games where he makes a mistake or two. But it is the looking lost in the pocket that is disturbing. It is how he looks when he plays, here of late. 

To me, Carr looks to have a better throwing motion, better delivery of passes, accuracy and touch. He looks like a better QB and to me functions better in the pocket. They have similar production though.

Also I'm honest enough to say perception plays a part too. Carr has a better rep that Tannehill. lol
And looking into I see your point more clearly and why you'd say they are the same. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

To me it is the eye test. The feel and command he shows when I watch. 
I brought up how Marcus lacks the consistent feel of a QB that is control. I think we could take games where he makes a mistake or two. But it is the looking lost in the pocket that is disturbing. It is how he looks when he plays, here of late. 

To me, Carr looks to have a better throwing motion, better delivery of passes, accuracy and touch. He looks like a better QB and to me functions better in the pocket. They have similar production though.

Also I'm honest enough to say perception plays a part too. Carr has a better rep that Tannehill. lol
And looking into I see your point more clearly and why you'd say they are the same. 

Ehh I mean Roethlisberger and Rivers don’t throw the ball very pretty either. It’s all about results tbh and Tannehill and Carr produce the same. 

We’re in average QB purgatory. Whether it’s Mariota or Tannehill, or if we get our hands on Carr or somebody else’s damaged goods...the talent surrounding the QB is going to have to carry the team until we draft somebody new.

55 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

thank goodness you're not a GM

I guess.

But say that's the scenario, we slip back into the playoffs but we're not convinced enough to keep Marcus. We pick in the 20s. What's a better solution? If I have to choose between keeping Tannehill and spending a late 1st on Carr, as much as I think Tannehill can be a decent backup plan and a stop gap, I'd definitely spend that pick on a more durable and with still much better potential quarterback.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

I guess.

But say that's the scenario, we slip back into the playoffs but we're not convinced enough to keep Marcus. We pick in the 20s. What's a better solution? If I have to choose between keeping Tannehill and spending a late 1st on Carr, as much as I think Tannehill can be a decent backup plan and a stop gap, I'd definitely spend that pick on a more durable and with still much better potential quarterback.

If we're in the playoffs, I'm wondering why letting Marcus go is the route we pick.  And why either signing Carr or Tannehill are the only options we get to choose between.

I mean, I guess if those are our only options, I'd much rather keep a draft pick than spend a first on the upgrade from Tannehill to Carr.

33 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

I guess.

Why not keep Tannehill and spend a late 1st on a QB in the draft? Carr is a known quantity. Any of Fromm, Eason, Hurts, Burrow are not.

28 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Why not keep Tannehill and spend a late 1st on a QB in the draft? Carr is a known quantity. Any of Fromm, Eason, Hurts, Burrow are not.

Because I think Burrow might realistically end up being drafted much earlier than that. And I like Fromm, I like Hurts a little (haven't seen all that much of Eason to have an opinion on him), but I'm not convinced at all that either one of those two guys would offer us better potential than the known quantity we'd be getting with Carr. Who, by the way, I wouldn't necessarily call a known quantity. Overall, it's very easy to argue we'd be setting him up with a better suporting cast than he ever had in Oakland, which is why I wouldn't agree that he showed already the best football he's capable of playing.

There are lots of variables to consider when picking in the 20s and needing a quarterback, too many of them. And we've worked hard, and done a really nice job of turning this roster around, so I wouldn't be comfortable with all that uncertainty. If the opportunity was to present to us that we could have a capable NFL starting quarterback for that price, on a roster that is pretty well set to compete in the years to come, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

8 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Giving up anything of significant value for Carr is falling prey to the, “grass is greener on the other side” mantra.

A starting NFL QB costs, that's just the reality of it. We're not 2-3 years away from competing, we could do that right away. Which is why if you're okay with spending that pick on a project QB, I'm much more content investing it in an already NFL caliber QB.

I've gotta say guys... I'm starting to really like Jacob Eason a lot. He might be my top QB when it's all said and done this season. The more I watch him the more he's turning into a draft crush of mine. He has everything I'm hoping to have in our next QB. Cannon for an arm, accuracy, wins from the pocket, decisive in his throws, great size.  If he keeps playing like he's played so far this year I think he's going to be a top 10 pick. With the way we've played so far that might not be out of the realm of possibility for us though.