A.M- Life After Marcus Watch (options?)

KingTitan

50 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Tua is overrated to me.. He puts up gaudy stats against lesser competition. When he played a legit defense against UGA he didn’t look special at all. Hurts came and saved the game.

That pick he threw last night was GROSS btw.  Yuck

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

i know i shouldn’t be lured to a QB by arm talent alone but eason is doing exactly that for him. if we can get him without trading up and have him sit behind tanny for a year....

If Tanny can play like this at least 70% of the time. I'm all for bringing him back. 

That and Eason would be my dream scenario. 

Eason or Burrows are the only QBs I'd even entertain if in the Titans. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

My track record of projecting how well college QBs will do in the NFL has gotta be one of the worst on this entire forum, so take this with the largest grain of salt you can imagine, but the only QB I want is Burrow. The rest do nothing to excite me.

Let me see. In my serious "scouting" days. I have only loved a few QBs. If I don't name them I didn't think much of them or pay any attention. 

Coming out

I loved

Kap (I thought it would be a great idea to draft Aaron Donald or Watt in the first and get Kap in the second)

Ricky Stanzi. (I thought this dude was the next tom Brady! I stood on this Hill to the death!) 

Connor Cook (That one bowl game was awesome and then the following season was ok)

Brett Hundley ( liked his athletic ability and thought he had a great arm) 

Derek Carr ( Loved how he spinned the ball)

Jimmy G. (Saw him play in OVC thought he was real deal) 

Blake Bottles (I liked him at UCF) 

Josh Freeman ( I think he played with Jordy Nelson and I looooooooved Nelson in college). 

Jay Cutler ( didn't like young or Matt)

Andrew Luck ( like everyone, but I liked him more than RG3. Didn't like RG3 at all). 

Omar Jacobs ( Thought his college numbers were flawless. He was just a product of early Urban Meyer)

Liked Wentz more than Goff. 

Liked Daniel Jones. 

Didn't like Cam. RG3. Murray. Haskins. Mayfield. Winston. Mariota ( wanted to trade with Eagles).Bridgwater

35 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

My track record of projecting how well college QBs will do in the NFL has gotta be one of the worst on this entire forum, so take this with the largest grain of salt you can imagine, but the only QB I want is Burrow. The rest do nothing to excite me.

out of this class burrow is my clear #1. eason and tua are maybes. the rest i don't want.

my QB record is as spotty as the rest, lol. thought cam newton would be a huge bust. liked mariota and winston, though i was scared of winston's turnover issues. liked went and goff well enough but didn't think either were slam dunks. hated trubisky, which i feel vindicated about, but also didn't like watson....oops lol. 

Yeah we need a rocket arm to do this offense. Tanny might save Arthur Smith's job if he can make this offense look presentable. 

It seems the only way to be able to make this offense go is have a great arm and ability to move because the line won't hold up too long. 

23 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

nightmare scenario

Yup. I’ve seen around Twitter people trying to push blame for the offense away from Arthur and towards MM. Don’t get me wrong, MM has flaws, but we’re running the least friendly offense for a QB in football and a good game from RT shouldn’t overshadow that.

It took a really good game from our QB, a near flawless game from our receivers and a solid OL effort to score 23 points against an injured defense. That’s not ideal.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Yup. I’ve seen around Twitter people trying to push blame for the offense away from Arthur and towards MM. Don’t get me wrong, MM has flaws, but we’re running the least friendly offense for a QB in football and a good game from RT shouldn’t overshadow that.

It took a really good game from our QB, a near flawless game from our receivers and a solid OL effort to score 23 points against an injured defense. That’s not ideal.

Yea Smiths route concepts are not QB friendly at all.. it’s constantly WRs close to each other which brings over an extra defender so the QB has to make perfect throws everytime which we saw yesterday. Tannehill isn’t going to have many perfect games like that. He just happened to be going up against a banged up team so he got away with some throws. I honestly don’t understand Smiths play designs

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Marcus doesn't have the skills to overcome the offense or run the offense. It takes anticipation and arm strength. Two things he isn't the best at.

It's a bad fit. 
Also the offense is badly constructed. Nothing really works together. No deception. Not a lot of room for error. 

• Like 1

Shefter seemed to drop a bomb on MNF this week.  He said Brady put his house on the market, Brady's trainer put his house on the market and Brady redid his contract so it would expire at the end of this year.  With some media folks, I may not give this much credit, but Shefter doesn't have a reputation as engaging in speculation very much.  He's more of a facts guy.  I wonder if he has heard from a source that Brady will be a FA next year.

If so, what better fit than the Titans who are full of NE connections and missing a QB next year but should have a dominant defense and an offensive line that is at least talented, even if they're playing like cowpies lately.

So what do we say?  Brady for a title in Nashville?