A.M- Life After Marcus Watch (options?)

KingTitan

The more I look at these QBs (assuming that the ones I actually think are legit, Burrow and Tua, are gone), the more I like the idea of possibly trading down for one of the later guys in the first.  I really like Fromm as a high end game manager with good intangibles, but he's had a couple of bad performances in the last couple weeks, so he should be available later on.  Eason I don't love like a lot of folks, but I think he's kind of similar: an unspectacular set of skills, but not really any serious red flags.  Herbert I think is pretty equivalent to Eason but has system QB concerns.

After this season, we're gonna have to choose which free agents to sign, and we're going to need an early pick (in all likelihood) at either CB, DL/Edge, RT, OL, or RB.  We can't re-sign everyone, and they will need to make room for Jayon Brown's contract next year.  It'd be nice if we could trade down and use the capital we get to invest highly in more than one of those spots.

The only two QBs I like are Burrow and Herbert. I think Burrow is the most pro ready and Herbert you have to believe you can coach him because he's not ready, but he has incredible arm talent. Not just velocity, but touch and ball placement. He just isn't mentally where you want your starting QB. Moat aren't but it's so hard to project if a QB will be able to pick up reading NFL defenses.

Don't think I'd trade up for Herbert with the struggles he's had.

I don't want any of the others as I don't think their franchise guys.

Edited by TitanSS

With as tight as Vrabel and Brady reportedly are, I don't see a scenario where he says he comes here only if we fire Vrabel and hire Josh.  I think Josh would need to be the OC in that scenario.  And although 99% of coordinators are biding their time to become a head coach, I'm not sure Josh fits that bill.  We all saw how his first attempt went in Denver.  He seems like he's the perfect case of an Xs and Os guy without the ability to be a "leader of men".

8 minutes ago, titanrick said:

With as tight as Vrabel and Brady reportedly are, I don't see a scenario where he says he comes here only if we fire Vrabel and hire Josh.  I think Josh would need to be the OC in that scenario.  And although 99% of coordinators are biding their time to become a head coach, I'm not sure Josh fits that bill.  We all saw how his first attempt went in Denver.  He seems like he's the perfect case of an Xs and Os guy without the ability to be a "leader of men".

I meant as OC... No way in hell is Vrabel getting fired or McDaniels hired here as HC.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

1 minute ago, grizzans3222 said:

At least Brady is used to having an eh to bad oline..so that works..He can actually deliver the ball quick as well.

Certainly true. The OL wouldn’t need a huge makeover. Lewan, Saffold, and Jones are not going anywhere and I’m sure Davis is the guy at RG(or will be given every opportunity there). So that just leaves RT. Mainly just improve depth at OL, get a CB or find a way to resign Ryan, and find a TE because I think this is Delanie’s last year.

Heard on national sports talk this morning that Tennessee is definitely the favorite If he leaves New England. 

Apparently he's from Alabama and wants to get closer to home. Not sure how well Giselle would fit in down there though. Nashville could be a good middle ground. 

I don't know how much I buy all this talk though... And at 40whatever old he is, I'm not sure it's ideal for us either. 

But if we were to entertain the idea, we definitely have the cap space to make a run. We also wouldn't be drafting a qb in the 1st... Maybe a developmental project in the 3rd or so. But Brady would definitely have a lot of say on the system we'd run... I dont know if there's anyone on staff that would come with him though. But we have the WRs in place, Humphries role would definitely expand... and he's the type that can work with any type of RB... Henry if he can be brought back for cheapish (ie, Blount), Lewis if they decide to keep him (previous success together) ... Or pretty much anyone off the street. We could maybe try to upgrade Walker if he is indeed on his last legs... Although Jonnu has some potential still. 

We could focus the rest of our efforts on maintaining and improving the D... Signing Ryan for sure... And maybe adding another threat at Edge/OLB. I'm still not as comfortable with Vaccaro as most of you are... So a mid/highish draft pick there could also make sense. 

1 hour ago, TwoToneBlue said:

Yeah gotta side with everyone else... hard for me to see Stephen A actually having inside info on this. 

It’s not about him having inside info... I didn’t post that because I thought it was a legit source or anything. No one takes him seriously or that show. Just found it intriguing that national media especially ESPN mentioned anything Titan related while giving them props on a very good defense.

• Like 1