A.M- Life After Marcus Watch (options?)

KingTitan

If we move on from Mariota, we're going to be replacing him with a QB with question marks, since QBs without are once in a generation.  The way things are playing out this season, it looks like Tua and Herbert are doing enough to stay top dogs, but when the bigger games come up, I could see Fromm or someone else jumping up into that range.

Either way, I'm thinking QB3 is likely our best option in the draft.  Just a matter of whether the scouting department likes the third QB off the board enough to grab him, potentially even move up for him, since we'll be picking somewhere in the late teens.

I think if we move on from him, we resign Tannehill to a short deal and draft someone. We obviously wouldn't be able to get Tua or Herbert. But maybe Fromm, Eason, Costello, Burrow. If they all suck then next year we lose and get Trevor Lawrence the following year. 

If we sign Eli Manning I will not watch. 

I'm hoping for Tom Brady to end his career playing for a friend in Vrabel

6 hours ago, Daniel said:

I would caution against the idea that tanking for Trevor is good or feasible.

With this team, we’re going to have to live with taking a QB in the teens. Even if it’s 2021.

Trevor is not happening. This team is far too talented to be picking even top 10 IMO. However good QBs do fall for one reason or another(not talking about Trevor, just QBs in general). Find one and have him sit for a year behind Tannehill. If we have trade up from 20 to inside the top 15, then so be it because we’re wasting a good team although this team will look vastly different in two years with guys like Wake, Delanie, Woodyard, Mariota, Adoree, possibly Ryan, and it wouldn’t shock me with Casey either being gone.

i think it's worth keeping an eye on joe burrow. herbert really hasn't impressed me when i've seen him. jalen hurts could be fun but he's obviously a project player and we know how well those work out lol

honestly though, this could end up being a pretty decent year to take a shot at a mid-first-round QB if it comes to that. if guys like burrow, hurts, eason etc keep it up they could all boost themselves up to that area, behind tua and herbert

Edited by -Hope-

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

i think it's worth keeping an eye on joe burrow. herbert really hasn't impressed me when i've seen him. jalen hurts could be fun but he's obviously a project player and we know how well those work out lol

honestly though, this could end up being a pretty decent year to take a shot at a mid-first-round QB if it comes to that. if guys like burrow, hurts, eason etc keep it up they could all boost themselves up to that area, behind tua and herbert

I like what I seen from Burrows. 

Can move. Nice arm. Some touch. Can pass with defenders in his face. 

Since I don't follow college football all that much, had no idea who Burrow was. He looks impressive. Problem is, we're not really going to be in a position to draft him, unless we trade up. I think there's absolutely no way we finish top 10 in the Draft, so that will cost us extra. It'll be interesting to see if they at least keep or acquire a place holder in place (like Tannehill), in case things don't go their way in the Draft.

26 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

Since I don't follow college football all that much, had no idea who Burrow was. He looks impressive. Problem is, we're not really going to be in a position to draft him, unless we trade up. I think there's absolutely no way we finish top 10 in the Draft, so that will cost us extra. It'll be interesting to see if they at least keep or acquire a place holder in place (like Tannehill), in case things don't go their way in the Draft.

I think he is at best QB 3. So in the 10-15 range?  

Who needs a QB? 

Pittsburgh maybe? Dolphins. Bucs likely. Us. Maybe Panthers if Cam is broken. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

I think he is at best QB 3. So in the 10-15 range?  

Who needs a QB? 

Pittsburgh maybe? Dolphins. Bucs likely. Us. Maybe Panthers if Cam is broken. 

He's definitely behind Tua, but I don't know who might else be over him, especially if his hype continues to build. It feels a little like two seasons ago, when everyone was watching for Darnold vs Rosen, but it ended up being Mayfield who had a great year and a lot of hype going into the NFL offseason that ended up being the top pick. Now everyone thought it was going to be Tua vs Herbert, but Herbert is highly inconsistent from what I've seen, so Burrow might be many people's favorite over him on Draft day.

But yes, that's a good point about QB needy teams, that I neglected. Dolphins are definitely getting Tua, it feels like. But because there have been many early picks already spent on QBs, that leaves only a few still looking for one in the upcoming Draft. Bucs could definitely be one of those teams, and I feel like Burrow would be a great fit. Colts and 49ers I feel like are candidates as well depending on how their seasons go. There are a few teams that might look for eventual replacements for their aging quarterbacks, but some I think are likely to pick in the same range or even behind us anyway.

tbh, I'm kinda lukewarm on tua. he's playing with an absolutely insane supporting cast and so much of what i've seen of him is just tossing slants or bombs to a wide open jerry jeudy and watching him take them all the way. he's struggled against some of the top competition he's played. i'm not too mad that he'll go well before we pick.

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

tbh, I'm kinda lukewarm on tua. he's playing with an absolutely insane supporting cast and so much of what i've seen of him is just tossing slants or bombs to a wide open jerry jeudy and watching him take them all the way. he's struggled against some of the top competition he's played. i'm not too mad that he'll go well before we pick.

I don't think Tua will be a good pro. He is a good college QB but he don't seem to be a great pro prospect. 

Gets hurt in college. Not tall. Will need to be in spread like offense. 

Doesn't have the strongest arm to me. 

Slightly better QB  but a smaller, slower version of good Marcus.