A.M- Life After Marcus Watch (options?)

KingTitan

16 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

If we draft a WR in the first round with Corey Davis, AJ Brown and Adam Humphries on the roster I might just shoot myself.

WR isn't anywhere even close to a need. And we don't even throw to the talented ones we have.

Weapons on offense period isn't really a need. We have those guys at receiver, Jonnu at TE(will have Delanie too if we extend him? I suppose it depends on how he plays to end the year), Firkser is a fine depth receiving option behind him, might wanna get a blocking TE, I suspect the team is gonna extend Henry because that's just the kind of stupid decisions our franchise makes so we'll probably have him too. I even think our o-line is fine if we resign Conklin, so long as we make a coaching change at OL coach.

I'd focus the early picks on pass rush.

Not a need but would be a nice addition. But it's not something we'd do or need to do. But I'd consider it. Just like CJ came in when we had no need at RB. But it's a long shot and a thought that popped in my head. 

If it is a deep class, we can get a guy later with some nice skills. We need explosiveness. 

23 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Hard pass.

Yeah, so we can continue to barely miss the playoffs with him?  
He has had a great career, but really looking at it, his teams aren't anything to remember. 

Only 4 teams of his have had double digit winning seasons.
6 seasons of 9-7 or 8-8.

Sounds like the Jeff Fisher of QB's.

Sorry mini rant incoming... Not really directed at anyone here, but what I've been seeing amongst Titania as a whole...

I might be one of the few on here that feel this way, but I genuinely believe in Ryan as our starting QB this year and beyond. I don't think we need to be looking for a replacement in the draft this year or Free Agency, because I think our guy is already here. Granted, I've believed in him since his Miami days and thought he was a franchise caliber QB that was a victim of bad circumstances in Miami. It hasn't so much happened here, but I'm getting pretty tired of a lot of the fan base dismissing Ryan as this footnote for our team just because they loved Marcus so much. Everybody here loves Marcus and wants him to succeed. Hell I still have two of his jerseys and rode with him to the bitter end here, but above all else I want to see the Titans win. Tannehill has gotten us to 3-1 and has played really solid football for us. I'm just tired of him getting slighted, because he took over for Marcus. When in all honesty if Tannehill started from the beginning of the year we'd quite possibly be winning the division right now. Personally, I appreciate Ryan tremendously, because I feel like not only has he handled the whole thing with class, but I feel like he's playing like a guy that doesn't want to ever lose his starting job again.  Like I said, I was a huge Mariota guy. I pounded the table for him at the draft, and believed in him all the way through his time here (still do), but it's time to move on and support Ryan who has by the way brought this team back into the mix for a playoff spot when it looked like we were destined to have a top 10 draft pick. Either get on board with this team with Tannehill as the starter or get off the bus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SerenityNow said:

Sorry mini rant incoming... Not really directed at anyone here, but what I've been seeing amongst Titania as a whole...

I might be one of the few on here that feel this way, but I genuinely believe in Ryan as our starting QB this year and beyond. I don't think we need to be looking for a replacement in the draft this year or Free Agency, because I think our guy is already here. Granted, I've believed in him since his Miami days and thought he was a franchise caliber QB that was a victim of bad circumstances in Miami. It hasn't so much happened here, but I'm getting pretty tired of a lot of the fan base dismissing Ryan as this footnote for our team just because they loved Marcus so much. Everybody here loves Marcus and wants him to succeed. Hell I still have two of his jerseys and rode with him to the bitter end here, but above all else I want to see the Titans win. Tannehill has gotten us to 3-1 and has played really solid football for us. I'm just tired of him getting slighted, because he took over for Marcus. When in all honesty if Tannehill started from the beginning of the year we'd quite possibly be winning the division right now. Personally, I appreciate Ryan tremendously, because I feel like not only has he handled the whole thing with class, but I feel like he's playing like a guy that doesn't want to ever lose his starting job again.  Like I said, I was a huge Mariota guy. I pounded the table for him at the draft, and believed in him all the way through his time here (still do), but it's time to move on and support Ryan who has by the way brought this team back into the mix for a playoff spot when it looked like we were destined to have a top 10 draft pick. Either get on board with this team with Tannehill as the starter or get off the bus.

I kind of agree. Tannehill is a guy we can win with, but between his age, injury history, and decent at best history, I wouldn’t pass on a QB if we find one in the draft. I don’t want Rivers or even Brady, the way he’s played this season. I don’t think we should go out of our way to pick one, but if a good prospect falls to us, I’d still pull the trigger. The upside is too high not to.

5 hours ago, Daniel said:

I kind of agree. Tannehill is a guy we can win with, but between his age, injury history, and decent at best history, I wouldn’t pass on a QB if we find one in the draft. I don’t want Rivers or even Brady, the way he’s played this season. I don’t think we should go out of our way to pick one, but if a good prospect falls to us, I’d still pull the trigger. The upside is too high not to.

I agree if somebody falls to us that we like we should pull the trigger, but I don't want to force a QB pick in the first round just because we think that we have to. That's how you get tied to a QB for 5 years that isn't worth that kind of investment and set the Franchise back. I want us to be smart and patient about who we choose to be our future, and I think Ryan gives us the safety net where we can be patient with that decision.

26 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

I agree if somebody falls to us that we like we should pull the trigger, but I don't want to force a QB pick in the first round just because we think that we have to. That's how you get tied to a QB for 5 years that isn't worth that kind of investment and set the Franchise back. I want us to be smart and patient about who we choose to be our future, and I think Ryan gives us the safety net where we can be patient with that decision.

I agree with that wholeheartedly.

I'm hoping we can trade down for Fromm myself.  He'd be a good fit for the kind of team they want to build.  I'd accept trading down for Eason, maybe.