Defense Appreciation Thread

incognito_man

Kenny Clark 3rd down snap % from Ben Fennell via The Athletic

Third-down snap count

2016: 34 of 262 (13.0 percent)

2017: 98 of 220 (44.5 percent)

2018: 155 of 228 (68.0 percent)

2019: 22 of 28 (78.6 percent)

"It’s unbelievable that Kenny Clark is still only 23 years old (turns 24 on Oct. 4) and his play has continued to ascend in his fourth season. Once viewed primarily as a run stopper, Clark is proving he can be much more and has pushed his name into the conversation for the most dominant interior defensive tackle in the NFL – in both the running and passing game."

"He had six QB pressures in Week 1 against Chicago and another seven on Sunday vs. the Vikings. Clark is currently the second-highest graded interior defensive tackle in the NFL, according to Pro Football Focus. "

Edited by Shanedorf
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Third-down snap count

"It’s unbelievable that Kenny Clark is still only 23 years old (turns 24 on Oct. 4) and his play has continued to ascend in his fourth season. Once viewed primarily as a run stopper, Clark is proving he can be much more and has pushed his name into the conversation for the most dominant interior defensive tackle in the NFL – in both the running and passing game."

"He had six QB pressures in Week 1 against Chicago and another seven on Sunday vs. the Vikings. Clark is currently the second-highest graded interior defensive tackle in the NFL, according to Pro Football Focus. "

Thank God for senile Ted. Gutey probably would’ve drafted some tweener edge guy who didn’t even have any stats. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Third-down snap count

#1 is Grady Jarrett of the Falcons.  He too got to play against Bradbury.  The first round pick of the Vikings.  Who plays center.

I want to see if the Raiders nose tackle has a good day against him on Sunday.  I don't know Jarrett's game, like at all.  I think he's good, though.  Clark?  Clark is gonna hand a lot of centers their lunch on a regular basis.  I'm gonna be curious to see if Bradbury is that bad, or if the other guys are just that good.

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

#1 is Grady Jarrett of the Falcons.  He too got to play against Bradbury.  The first round pick of the Vikings.  Who plays center.

I want to see if the Raiders nose tackle has a good day against him on Sunday.  I don't know Jarrett's game, like at all.  I think he's good, though.  Clark?  Clark is gonna hand a lot of centers their lunch on a regular basis.  I'm gonna be curious to see if Bradbury is that bad, or if the other guys are just that good.

Mike Daniel's? Is probably my comparison for Grady. Grady's been in the right scheme his whole career though.