Defense Appreciation Thread

incognito_man

8 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I'm not convinced by this revisionistic perception of Clark in his rookie year. My own perception was that he was decent for a rookie, making a good sized jump at the end of that first year.

I don't remember claims that he was maxed out at the end of his rookie year, and I always believed he would continue to improve from that point. I do remember some talk about him being a run stopper without much pass rush, but some posters are notorious for rushing to judgement on a player.

Now in his 4th year, few if any are better NTs. I have no idea what his annual salary will be when a deal is made, somewhere north of $15m pa I'm sure, but how far above that is the question. $18m, $20m, $22m,  I really don't know.

I'm with you. I didn't think people were too down on him. Maybe just being "nose tackle" had something to do with that. Not all that exciting for most.

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

isnt he the guy from Home Alone? One of the wet bandits?

He did enjoy quite the acting career pre-transition. Now he prefers to be known for being essentially irreplaceable and his departure has stymied defensive development in GB.