Defense Appreciation Thread

incognito_man

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It's not Rashan Gary

Lol.  I’m not worried about Gary yet.  There would be all sorts of articles out there if there was cause for concern.  He’s gonna take time.  He’ll be fresh for later in the season as he continues to learn.  Looks like my wishful thinking of 12 sacks is out, but he could still come on strong late.  If he ends the season without any sacks I’ll be concerned.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Who is the first?  I love Savage so much OMG. 

Dexter Lawrence.

I now pay for PFF.

Murray 60.

Bosa.  70.5

Williams 64.7

Ferrel 45.6

White 42.9

Jones 27.

Allen 58.7.

Hoch.  68.

Oliver 66.2.

Bush  51.

Williams N/A.

Gary 61.6.  (Doubled his snap count, but didn't "win" or get a pressure.  Only pressure was when Cousins scrambled.

Wilkens 57.5.

Lindstrom 59.6

Haskins NA

Burns 69.1.  Yah, he's getting sacks and pressures.  It is sad to see.

Lawrence 75.6.

Bradbury 36.5.  Whoops!

Simmons.  NA

Fant.  51.9

Savage 73.5.

Dillard 49.1

Howard 40.3

Jacobs 89.8

Brown.  86.9

Sweat 57.8

Abram 42.1

Tillery 37.3

Collier 57.9

Baker 24.4

McGary 52.8

Harry.  N/A

• Like 2

Just now, Fl0nkerton said:

Oof. Those ILBs

Can't miss. 

Lots of I toad a sos there.  The one player I was kinda alright with taking was Brown with the Saints pick.  I take Savage over Brown every single time, but usually when I have a good feeling on a WR they turn out good.

Lots of ILB and IOL sucking. 

Hockensen is the one outlier there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  I’m not worried about Gary yet.  There would be all sorts of articles out there if there was cause for concern.  He’s gonna take time.  He’ll be fresh for later in the season as he continues to learn.  Looks like my wishful thinking of 12 sacks is out, but he could still come on strong late.  If he ends the season without any sacks I’ll be concerned.

Agreed .. hopefully he will provide some impact as the season goes on.  Hopefully when his # is called he will be ready to make an impact.

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

61.6 is better than I expected for Gary.  That's encouraging.  Lol at some of those picks. 

I was shocked to see Gary that high.  Snap count is low, and he had one pressure for sure, then another one as Cousins scrambled.

He's not really been in there on a running down where he could whiff or miss a tackle.

What's interesting is that Burns has a sack and multiple pressures but didn't grade out all that much higher than Gary.

Ferrell has played a lot of snaps, so more room for missed tackles and things of that nature.

And oh my, is Bradbury ever scoring poorly.  Worst center in the league right now.

Conversely, Grady Jarrett (Bradbury's week one opponent) and Kenny Clark (Bradbury's week two opponent) are first and second on the PFF list.

9 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Here's Larry with a little fluffery on Dean Lowry and Kenny Clark

https://www.packers.com/video/rock-report-impact-players

It was good to see Lowry being involved in pressuring cousins. Did a good job not allowing Cousins to get out of the pocket on several plays. Guy needs to keep this up to make that new contract worth it.