Shameless (Showtime)

bigbadbuff23835

I know the old forum had a thread for this show but let's talk about it here.

Binged this for the past few weeks, just finished it.

This might be my favorite show, maybe it's because I haven't seen many shows like this, I'm usually into thrillers and action shows but this got me. 

The show does a great job of dragging you in and making you root for a bunch of screw ups.

Frank is the sleaziest person on the planet yet you find yourself wanting him to get away with everything.

Fiona is a character with a lot of developement that while she does a ton of stupid stuff, always puts her family and younger siblings first.

Lip is the deepest character BY FAR, kid goes through roller coasters never seen before, battles alcoholism and seeing himself as a younger Frank, but had the potential to be the only Gallagher to get out of the Ghetto and create the life that everyone else wants. Probably my all time favorite character in a TV show.

Ian as a character annoyed the crap out of me at times but the last few seasons he's gotten a lot better.

Debbie is annoying as all hell, but that's how they want the audience to view her, so I respect the role.

Carl is awesome.

Kev and V have great chemistry and are hilarious in their own right.

and side characters such as Mickey, Svetlana, and Shiela made great impacts on the show too.

Then there's Jimmy Steve...

Done ranting, but has anyone else watched this? I feel like this is must see TV

5 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Really loved the first couple of seasons but the last 2 kindve sucked. 

One thing the show has done well is make the characters I enjoyed in the beginning I now mostly hate, and vice versa. Kev is the only one I've liked the whole show but they've made him to stupid now.

Yeah but his stupidity had lead to some funny moments.

"CIRCLE DOESN'T START WITH AN S? WHAT THE ****?!?!"xD

The whole thing with  him, V, and her mom was just a bit too much though imo.

Fiona and Debbie are awful characters now. I really hate when any of their scenes come on.

Kevin, Carl and Frank are my favorites. They are pure entertainment.

Lip is obviously a great character as well. I just get so frustrated because I know he is going to make the same mistakes. Which looking on his situation, is the best way to describe watching someone close to you battle alcoholism so that is very impressive on the shows part.

Probably the worst thing this show did was bring back Jimmy/Steve one last time. Just absolutely ruined I think the whole show for me and the way they ended him. 

It was really a flawless tragic love story between him and Fiona and him being killed on that boat. Not even getting to say goodbye. But then they did a one 180 on his whole outlook on Fiona as just using her to fulfill some thrill seek he wanted? That was beyond dumb. He should have stayed dead. This is why Hollywood writers should not be allowed to direct the story. There was no reason to ruin a love story like that, and they gained nothing from doing it.

And Ian has gotten incredibly annoying character. He started out as an alright character. Got better by 3 and 4. Then really fell off with his sickness. The thing I couldn't stand at all though was when he became an EMT.  The writers tried to champion this as a triumph. But someone like him with his condition has no business being an EMT. that ambulance scene with the schitzo proved that, and that was not even him being sick at the time. Sorry but someone with that kind of sickness or has an STD, or something that can put others in serious danger has no business being in a position to care for others physically and or mentally impaired. Or not mentally mature enough to protect themselves like children. 

Fiona is very selfish now but that's understandable, Frank's partial redemption cycle is crazy but still a great character, Carl is still probably the most bland character on the show. I'll still watch season 8. I still like the show. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...