Week 3 GDT: Titans @ Jaguars TNF

TitanLegend

7 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

He didn’t ignore RG, our starter is hurt & 3rd round pick who many thought would start also got hurt. 

Pamphile is not good and was resigned from last year. That's hardly going out and addressing anything. Nate Davis played at a place where some high school teams could beat them. If people are expecting him to come in and play RG after no practice and expect him to be good then they are in for a very rude awakening.

• Like 1

We have weaknesses on O. But I am just sooooo curious as to what a guy like Payton/McVay/Reid could create based on our personnel, as is.

I just want to know the potential of what we have. Not just with Marcus, but with Henry, Davis, Brown, etc. What would it be like to have a REAL scheme master on offense?

• Like 1

Last night was the closest we’ve been to the Whiz era since he left. In the second half, Mariota was far from perfect, but there were real glimpses of old Marcus. Some aggressiveness, willing to take hits and stand in the pocket, attempts to create plays.

In the end, he had no chance. And that’s real demoralizing. Even when our QB is trying to produce and playing well, the game plan and the line prevented us from having a functional offense.

There was a lot of evidence to point to what our offense needs to be, but I have no faith in the coaching staff to roll that out.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Last night was the closest we’ve been to the Whiz era since he left. In the second half, Mariota was far from perfect, but there were real glimpses of old Marcus. Some aggressiveness, willing to take hits and stand in the pocket, attempts to create plays.

In the end, he had no chance. And that’s real demoralizing. Even when our QB is trying to produce and playing well, the game plan and the line prevented us from having a functional offense.

There was a lot of evidence to point to what our offense needs to be, but I have no faith in the coaching staff to roll that out.

Once he gets in a rhythm, he can really roll

Our OL gave him no chance last night. I think a lot of posters think that all sacks are avoidable by throwing the ball away. They’re not. The pocket was collapsing by the time Mariota was getting to the top of his drop more often than not

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Once he gets in a rhythm, he can really roll

Our OL gave him no chance last night. I think a lot of posters think that all sacks are avoidable by throwing the ball away. They’re not. The pocket was collapsing by the time Mariota was getting to the top of his drop more often than not

The sacks hurt, but the holding is what should make it clear that it was a line issue far more than a QB issue. When every drive is being killed by either a sack and 2nd and 17 or a hold and 1st and 20, no quarterback has a chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Justin615$ said:

Pamphile is not good and was resigned from last year. That's hardly going out and addressing anything. Nate Davis played at a place where some high school teams could beat them. If people are expecting him to come in and play RG after no practice and expect him to be good then they are in for a very rude awakening.

I understand all your saying but what I’m saying is he addressed it he didn’t ignore it 

What a dumpster fire the game was last night. That is the worst I have ever seen the Titans offense and that is saying something.

I honestly think this is what needs to happen to try and fix this mess:

No more 20 TE sets. The base formation for this WR should be three WR and one TE and RB. I don't see how they can't figure this out. When it was spread out Mariota had more success. Offensive line can't block with 9 blockers so at least force the defense to spread out from the line. On talent alone, Davis, Brown or Sharpe and Humphries should be the WRs in these sets and Walker, Smith or Firkser the main TEs. Why is Pruitt getting so much time? We can't block anyways so get the guys out there who can get open and catch the ball.

I like the idea of moving Conklin in to right guard and Kelly to right tackle when Lewan is back. I think this is worth a try as that to me is getting all the best lineman out there at once.

Adoree Jackson should never field a punt again. Not sure how many times they are going to keep allowing him to screw up. Not just small screw ups but game changing ones. He spotted them a TD yesterday with his gaffe.

Need to keep getting Humphries involved. Him and Walker working the middle should be a fantastic pairing and it needs to be utilized much more.

Vrabel needs to not be reactive and actually logical. Needs to learn to throw challenges on the absurd penalties we have seen of late.

Positives after three weeks:

Defense is solid overall. Outside of the mandatory giving up a TD early you cannot blame them though the pass rush needs to improve. Butler has given up some plays but overall like how he plays physical and his coverage has been better than last year overall. Adoree needs to find a ball in flight. Ryan needs to be re-signed no doubt. I can't wait to see Simmons join the line as I think it will be huge. Overall first three games defense has played well enough to win all three games. Offense is the reason for the losses no question.

Evans and Brown will be Pro Bowlers before long at linebacker and just keep making plays. Best young ILB pair in the league IMO.

Henry is a true stud RB and deserves a raise and needs to be kept.

Kern is the best punter in the NFL bar none.

Santos has been good enough with the loss of Succop.

After watching last night I was very down on this team and still am but am trying to see the positives I mentioned. If the offensive line could block, and Mariota wasn't playing tentative or scared and the offense spread out more I really think this team is 3-0 right now. Those are big ifs I know but the defense cannot be blamed for this. This is all on the offense and hoping with Lewan back and some shuffling the O line tightening up will fix a lot of the issues.

That being said though, if Arthur Smith doesn't start adjusting though and spreading out the formations more , using the talented WRs more and not playing back up TEs, it will be irrelevant.

Blame for me falls to three main culprits from most responsible to least:

1) Offensive Line

2) Playcalling

3) Mariota

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Titan89 said:

Blame for me falls to three main culprits from most responsible to least:

1) Offensive Line

2) Playcalling

3) Mariota

For me, I’d put playcalling above the line play, with a big gap between those two and Mariota. You know what the line issues are, yet you’re running plays that are drawing every defender to the line with no speed and one viable receiving option on the field. As much as one might think that these formations are meant to help the line, all they do is put more pressure on the line to hold longer and the QB to find a super tight window to throw into,

• Like 1

I am not a fan at all of Humphries chip blocking....why are we slowing him down when he’s predicated on quickness? That’s lowering the value of his skillset...and that skillset needs to be fully taken advantage of with how quickly the line is collapsing...let the TE’s chip off the line or the RB’s chip on their way out of the backfield and let the WR’s get in to their routes.

Edited by dtait93
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I am not a fan at all of Humphries chip blocking....why are we slowing him down when he’s predicated on quickness? That’s lowering the value of his skillset...and that skillset needs to be fully taken advantage of with how quickly the line is collapsing...let the TE’s chip off the line or the RB’s chip on their way out of the backfield and let the WR’s get in to their routes.

oh yea, that easy huh? well I'd like to see you get Randy Moss on the same field as Kenny Britt!!