Week 3 GDT: Titans @ Jaguars TNF

TitanLegend

9 hours ago, -Hope- said:

i remember i used to be pissed for days after a bad loss, and now i'm pretty much over it in an hour or two. some of that is obviously just like, growing up and having a real life and it's definitely a good thing lmao, but it's also just general malaise about whatever this organization tries to do. it's mediocrity all the way down, and has been for basically as long as i've been old enough to remember.

I’m genuinely jealous of this. It’s where I’ve been at for the last few years since I’ve been working nights and weekends for a decade. Now, with a normal job, my sports passion is back, which in general I like, but has made the last five days real rough.

39 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I am not a fan at all of Humphries chip blocking....why are we slowing him down when he’s predicated on quickness? That’s lowering the value of his skillset...and that skillset needs to be fully taken advantage of with how quickly the line is collapsing...let the TE’s chip off the line or the RB’s chip on their way out of the backfield and let the WR’s get in to their routes.

It’s not even about letting the TEs do it for me, it’s that you have four receivers that play, three of them are big and physical, one has his entire game based around the ability to create immediate separation and play in space, how in the world do you decide that the small, quick guy is the best option? It’s just pure incompetence.

11 hours ago, -Hope- said:

i mean, he always makes *some* plays. most quarterbacks do.

at this point i really don't care if it's marcus or arthur smith or the OL or whatever. i'm just tired. i'm tired of watching an inept, pathetic football team that will go to its grave steadfastly refusing to do anything required to put together a competent passing offense. this isn't the worst team in the NFL, but it is 100%, no question, without a doubt the most brutally boring to watch. there's nothing about the tennessee titans that's exciting or fun, and then we wonder why people don't go to the games.

i remember i used to be pissed for days after a bad loss, and now i'm pretty much over it in an hour or two. some of that is obviously just like, growing up and having a real life and it's definitely a good thing lmao, but it's also just general malaise about whatever this organization tries to do. it's mediocrity all the way down, and has been for basically as long as i've been old enough to remember.

I agree. My frustration had waned as I grew accustomed to our failures. When we were absolute crap and picking top 5, it was understandable because we lacked talent. That's not the case anymore.

I feel like last night was the last straw for me though. I no longer care, as it seems the franchise doesn't either. They seem content with running things how they've been and it's just not worth the emotional investment anymore. I dont want to say I'm completely done with the NFL, as I still enjoy watching things like the Chiefs offense, but frankly... I no longer have any hope for the Titans. Its numb. 

I'm weirdly not all that down on the team yet, and actually feel relatively confident they'll rebound.

This isn't really much different than the Buffalo/Baltimore duo of games last year or the Indy/Houston duo of games.

The question to me is whether they can rebound to be better than a 8-8/9-7 team, or if this inconsistency is gonna stick with them forever.

5 minutes ago, CosmicCrown said:

Because if there’s anything we’ve learned about Ryan Tannehill throughout his career, it’s that he’s been able to avoid sacks. 

Did you watch last night? Yes, OL was trash, but I dont think Mariota has ever tried to get rid of the ball while in the pocket and instead takes sack after sack.

Tannehill would have to reach new levels of suck to mirror Mariota's level of ineptitude.

The only people who think Tannehill changes anything are the people who have never watched Tannehill play.

If you want to make a change for the sake of making a change, that's cool I guess. But pretending he's going to be some upgrade when dude's got 6 seasons of film showing definitively that he wouldn't be is a strange conclusion to come to.

We're in the same boat regardless of which QB is out there.

• Like 1