Week 3 GDT: Titans @ Jaguars TNF

TitanLegend

Just now, KingTitan said:

Don't forget not being able to get Moss and I think Britt on the field at the same time. :) 

the best have been all the 3rd and 1s that have gone to Murray/Lewis over Henry. like, these are things that have consistently happened the past several years

like, we successfully ran our first pick play...OUR FIRST...against Cleveland. Teams have been doing that at will for a decade now. 

13 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Still debating whether or not im going to leave work early or not to watch this one.

You know you will. This is the Mariotas last start , you have to be there. 

In all seriousness, I really do think this is the end for Marcus tonight. If Jags D makes him look bad and we lose I don’t see how Vrabel puts him out there next week. Vrabel I’m sure doesn’t want to miss out on the playoffs again this year and in the NFL you don’t keep a job long if you don’t make the playoffs. Especially taking over a team run by Mularkey that made and won a playoff game the year before . 

Honestly I don't even feel like this is a game of if we win or lose. I feel like it's a will Marcus play well or won't he play well.

I know it might not be a big majority but it might be a very vocal minority.  I think that they don't care if we win or lose, just if Marcus plays well or not. 

10 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I don't think Marcus played super badly against the Colts, also didn't play super great, though. What blows my mind is how anyone can think that game is on him more than the coaching. Was a pitifully coached game. Lets hope they figure it out tonight.

As a Mariota hater I don’t put all the blame on him, the coaching wasn’t great either. However that last drive where he spiked it on 3rd and 2 was such a rookie move , he’ll even rookies don’t pull that crap. The fact he wasn’t confident to throw a quick pass to the sideline to try and gets the first just shows the lack of confidence he has . As soon as that play happened I knew the game was over and I imagine most fans felt that as well. It was a pathetic play and cost us the game. 

22 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I don't think Marcus played super badly against the Colts, also didn't play super great, though. What blows my mind is how anyone can think that game is on him more than the coaching. Was a pitifully coached game. Lets hope they figure it out tonight.

I don't think it was a good or bad game for him, until that 4th quarter. He was very bad in the 4th, which made his whole game seem terrible.

Like you and everyone has pointed out though, if we had just rode Henry through out the 4th like we should have, the noise around Mariota wouldn't nearly be as loud as it has the past few days.