Drew Brees to have surgery on throwing hand, to be out around 6 weeks

Dome

9 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

woah sir, lets not overreact. saints aint winning without brees, that offense looked really bad. I cant speak to cams shoulder but not going to oveereact to a couple bad games for ryan.

This is hilarious. You contradict yourself in 13 words.

So, let's not overreact. Bridgewater (has never been my favorite, and I fear this moment) has had very few, if any reps with the 1st team offense. Has virtually zero experience with timing to build continuity with the 1st team, so perhaps we give this guy a chance to make, or tank, eh? Before we "react".

BTW, nice game in Atlanta....

Edited by Mid Iowa
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, I <3 Faulk said:

You think the Saints have a stronger roster, outside of QB, than the Panthers? I mean, full power, the Saints are a better team, but outside of QB I would say the Panthers have the strongest NFC south team. 

Defensively we're stronger, but the Saints offensive line (as of now) is much stronger than ours.  Plus Payton always out-coaches Rivera.  To be honest I'd expect their offense to function better than ours even with Bridgewater, unless Newton turns it around.  And if he doesn't start running and getting into the groove, then I unfortunately can't see that happening.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Defensively we're stronger, but the Saints offensive line (as of now) is much stronger than ours.  Plus Payton always out-coaches Rivera.  To be honest I'd expect their offense to function better than ours even with Bridgewater, unless Newton turns it around.  And if he doesn't start running and getting into the groove, then I unfortunately can't see that happening.

I don’t think we’re good enough to be serious contenders with Teddy.  The other NFC South teams will have to be really bad.

I hope I’m wrong, but we looked like straight trash yesterday, and the Rams didn’t even look like they were clicking good.

3 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I don’t think we’re good enough to be serious contenders with Teddy.  The other NFC South teams will have to be really bad.

I hope I’m wrong, but we looked like straight trash yesterday, and the Rams didn’t even look like they were clicking good.

Well the only team in the NFC South that has looked even decent, besides us before Brees went out, is the Falcons now, and we only play them once in the next 6-8 weeks.  The best thing for the Saints is that there are 5 very winnable games even with Bridgewater as the QB over the next 8 games.  The Saints wouldn't be contending for more than just a wildcard spot though if Brees is out for the year.

25 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Contenders for the Super Bowl?  Nah, but in the NFC South?  Eh, I think it's possible.  Payton is a great coach and while it's been a long time since Bridgewater was a team's starter, it isn't out of the realm of possibilities that he could start to improve.

Falcons at this point are the favorites but they aren't exactly the most consistent team.  Maybe I'm overrating the Saints though.

Edited by iknowcool