Jump to content
Dome

Drew Brees to have surgery on throwing hand, to be out around 6 weeks

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Jlowe22 said:

I’d be surprised if it’s only 6 weeks.  I also don’t see him being at 100% for a while after he comes back.

It would have been a better outcome for him to have broken his thumb.

Ligament injuries are no joke, so it’s unlikely he’ll be able to grip the ball properly until it’s fully healed. It’s anyones guess how long it’ll be before he’s “fully healed” considering his age and how much he’ll be using that joint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And there goes all the fantasy value in the Saints offense....le sigh. I just hope this isn't the end for Drew's career tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And there goes all the fantasy value in the Saints offense....le sigh. I just hope this isn't the end for Drew's career tbh

Well if it is, at least his last full game as a Saint was as a great come back win instead of the NFCCG.

But I think he comes back to play a few more games, but it’s getting awfully close to the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

It would have been a better outcome for him to have broken his thumb.

Ligament injuries are no joke, so it’s unlikely he’ll be able to grip the ball properly until it’s fully healed. It’s anyones guess how long it’ll be before he’s “fully healed” considering his age and how much he’ll be using that joint.

Everything I saw was 6-8 weeks for recovery for a UCL surgery.  So I'm guessing by week 4 at latest he'll be starting to grip and throw a football during his rehab to see how it feels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brees is a class act, hoping for the best.

Edited by NVRamsFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely devastating news for my fantasy football team. It must also stink for the Saints and their fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Raves said:

Everything I saw was 6-8 weeks for recovery for a UCL surgery.  So I'm guessing by week 4 at latest he'll be starting to grip and throw a football during his rehab to see how it feels.

Hopefully it’s enough to get him through the season, but it’s probably another surgery in the offseason. If you can continue to win games by being a run heavy team, he should be getting fully healthy by the playoffs.

In the short term, you’ll find out what you have in Bridgewater. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Breesus mode said:

Kill me

Im as disappointed as anyone. Brees is my boy from down the road. My HS football career was just after Brees and just before Foles. Which is probably the only reason we beat Westlake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Saints need to hope they are 4-4 heading into the bye and then get Brees back. The schedule isn't that daunting overall, this could still be a 10-6 football team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s no way it’s 6 weeks unless he’s on that HGH treatment. It’ll take 3/4 weeks for the surgery to heal alone. You can’t even wipe your butt! If it’s 6 weeks Brees is the biggest iron man I’ll ever have seen. Wish him the best! It ain’t fun with out ya. Love the Saints vs Rams rivalry even though we’ve won 3-1.. They bring that fire that no one else does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

There’s no way it’s 6 weeks unless he’s on that HGH treatment. It’ll take 3/4 weeks for the surgery to heal alone. You can’t even wipe your butt! If it’s 6 weeks Brees is the biggest iron man I’ll ever have seen. Wish him the best! It ain’t fun with out ya. Love the Saints vs Rams rivalry even though we’ve won 3*-1.. They bring that fire that no one else does. 

*Some games may have been influenced by outside forces besides actual play by teams, though results are results.

FTFY ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×