Drew Brees to have surgery on throwing hand, to be out around 6 weeks

Dome

Just now, Raves said:

*Some games may have been influenced by outside forces besides actual play by teams, though results are results.

FTFY ;)

Hey I remember when we were bad.. 

@iknowcool 

That panthers game where they tore Bradford’s ACL after he was having a phenomenal season. Donald got ejected IIRC and every penalty was against us. They legit let panther players fight us while we got flags for days. Think me and @jrry32 lost 5 years off our lives that day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Hey I remember when we were bad.. 

@iknowcool 

That panthers game where they tore Bradford’s ACL after he was having a phenomenal season. Donald got ejected IIRC and every penalty was against us. They legit let panther players fight us while we got flags for days. Think me and @jrry32 lost 5 years off our lives that day.

I was actually more worried about you guys beating us when you were bad because your bad teams were always scrappy and if the Saints were good they might overestimate them.  But to lose the NFCCG the way they did, yes they had chances still and should've made more of it, but the correct call would've effectively ended the game right there, and then this last game with the injuries and the bad call that just killed any momentum the Saints could've used to win or at least be more competitive really hurts what I would love to be a great rivalry between the two teams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raves said:

I was actually more worried about you guys beating us when you were bad because your bad teams were always scrappy and if the Saints were good they might overestimate them.  But to lose the NFCCG the way they did, yes they had chances still and should've made more of it, but the correct call would've effectively ended the game right there, and then this last game with the injuries and the bad call that just killed any momentum the Saints could've used to win or at least be more competitive really hurts what I would love to be a great rivalry between the two teams.

And that’s why I’ll never bring that up or make fun of y’all. Despite the game being reffed poorly for both sides! I do know that we did get lucky. But those things are so far beyond fan bases.. Just a really really bad and sucky break. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

This is a nice audition for Teddy. Could be big for his future. 

I know he has a lot of fans on the forum but don't think he's up to the task.

Gutted for Drew. He's a class act. Saints season is done, I just don't think Teddy to have the offense playing well enough to support the defence, they're going to get gassed in some many games as the O won't be able to keep drives going.

2 minutes ago, Magnifico said:

I know he has a lot of fans on the forum but don't think he's up to the task. Gutted for Drew. He's a class act. Saints season is done, I just don't think Teddy to have the offense playing well enough to support the defence, they're going to get gassed in some many games as the O won't be able to keep drives going.

Push comes to shove they could swap Bridgewater and Taysom Hill.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Push comes to shove they could swap Bridgewater and Taysom Hill.

I would rather see Hill than Teddy.

Hill has that "it" factor going for him. He may not be the best and most talented, but he's going to bust his *** for you every minute of the game. Guys can rally behind that.

As for Teddy, he has the "I throw with a glove on my throwing hand" factor going, I guess?

3 hours ago, JonStark said:

Hate to see it. 6 weeks seems on the best case scenario, but hopefully he gets back as soon as possible. 

If it wasn't his Throwing hands I could see the 6 weeks time table but I think that's overly optimistic and being posted just to give Fans hope. Rather then another Big Ben or 8-10 wks type announcement. 

5 hours ago, Raves said:

The correct call being a facemask call that was done to Goff and made it 1st and goal from the 1 for the Rams with minutes remaining?

Now, if you mean the correct PLAYCALL, that would have been for Payton to run the ball, kill the clock and kick the FG for the win and go to the Superbowl. Except he decided to get cute, pass, the clock stopped and he left time for the Rams to drive down the field and kick the game tying FG

Could have also scored in OT, or stopped the Rams from scoring with their own Game Winning FG

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

The correct call being a facemask call that was done to Goff and made it 1st and goal from the 1 for the Rams with minutes remaining?

Now, if you mean the correct PLAYCALL, that would have been for Payton to run the ball, kill the clock and kick the FG for the win and go to the Superbowl. Except he decided to get cute, pass, the clock stopped and he left time for the Rams to drive down the field and kick the game tying FG

Could have also scored in OT, or stopped the Rams from scoring with their own Game Winning FG

Considering he immediately released it after making contact, even slowed down however much it is, it's actually not a penalty.

ARTICLE 15. TWISTING, PULLING, OR TURNING THE FACEMASK OR HELMET OPENING

No player shall grasp and control, twist, turn, push, or pull the facemask or helmet opening of an opponent in any direction.

Note: If a player grasps an opponent’s facemask or helmet opening, he must immediately release it. If he does not immediately release it and controls his opponent, it is a foul.

Penalty: For twisting, turning, pushing, pulling, or controlling the mask or helmet opening: Loss of 15 yards. The player may be disqualified if the action is flagrant. If the foul is by the defense, it is also an automatic first down.

Plus if you want we can go back and start pulling up every missed call in the game.  I can almost for certain pull up another one on that drive that would mean the Rams wouldn't have even been in that position for that play to happen.