Drew Brees to have surgery on throwing hand, to be out around 6 weeks

Dome

3 minutes ago, Raves said:

Considering he immediately released it after making contact, even slowed down however much it is, it's actually not a penalty.

Plus if you want we can go back and start pulling up every missed call in the game.  I can almost for certain pull up another one on that drive that would mean the Rams wouldn't have even been in that position for that play to happen.

If it wasn't a facemask, then it could be illegal hands to the face. Same result 5 yards (half the distance to the goal) and automatic 1st down

Point is, there were LOTS more plays both after the missed Goff Facemask/Hands to the face and there were LOTS more plays after the miissed PI - There is also no guarantee that  Lutz makes the shorter FG for the win, maybe he shanks it, maybe it gets blocked, maybe there's a bad snap

Point is instead of crying about it since the moment it happened until today, the team should have nutted up and either

a)Stopped the Rams from kicking a tying 57 yard FG

b)scored a TD in overtime on the first possession and won

c)not thrown an interception in OT

d)not allowed the Rams to kick the game winning FG in OT

Lots of opportunities to overcome it, but the Aints decided to hang their excuses on it and fold like a cheap tent when the going got tough

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

If it wasn't a facemask, then it could be illegal hands to the face. Same result 5 yards (half the distance to the goal) and automatic 1st down

Point is, there were LOTS more plays both after the missed Goff Facemask/Hands to the face and there were LOTS more plays after the miissed PI - There is also no guarantee that  Lutz makes the shorter FG for the win, maybe he shanks it, maybe it gets blocked, maybe there's a bad snap

Point is instead of crying about it since the moment it happened until today, the team should have nutted up and either

a)Stopped the Rams from kicking a tying 57 yard FG

b)scored a TD in overtime on the first possession and won

c)not thrown an interception in OT

d)not allowed the Rams to kick the game winning FG in OT

Lots of opportunities to overcome it, but the Aints decided to hang their excuses on it and fold like a cheap tent when the going got tough

Stop trolling.

• Like 1

Also definition of Illegal Hands to the face

ARTICLE 7. ILLEGAL USE OF HANDS BY DEFENSE

It is a foul if a defensive player thrusts his hands or arms forward above the frame of an opponent to forcibly contact him on the neck, face, or head.

Note: Contact in close-line play is not a foul, unless it is direct and forcible, or prolonged.

Penalty: For Illegal Use of Hands by the Defense: Loss of five yards and an automatic first down.

not exactly forcibly thrusting his hands or arms, more incidental contact?

9 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Here's the Saints upcoming schedule: (1-1 now)
If they are able to scrape together 4 - 4 at the bye, then maybe Brees is ready to roll

at Seattle 
Dallas
Tampa
at JAX
at CHI
AZ

BYE
ATL

thats a pretty tough task, they should be significant dogs in all those sans tampa.

7 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Here's the Saints upcoming schedule: (1-1 now)
If they are able to scrape together 4 - 4 at the bye, then maybe Brees is ready to roll

at Seattle
Dallas
Tampa
at JAX
at CHI
AZ

BYE
ATL

Saints have no business being worse than 4-4 at the bye. I think they’ll be fine if Drew Brees comes back healthy by then.

8 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

thats a pretty tough task, they should be significant dogs in all those sans tampa.

I expect Seattle and Dallas to be losses but for Bridgewater to develop timing within the offense and for the playbook to continue to be refined for him in those 2 weeks with him showing progress towards being the starter he was in Minnesota.

vs Tampa the Saints would be favored at home, even if it's only 3 or 4 point.  Tampa is a mess right now.

At Jacksonville will be tough due to their defense, but their offense is worse than what the Saints showed with Bridgewater vs the Rams.  I expect this would be a low scoring game but Saints would walk away with the win.  At most a 3 point road dog.

At Chicago is probably the toughest game the Saints could look to win.  They'll probably be a 5-6 point dog on the road but Chicago's offense is inconsistent at a minimum though the defense is legit.  If Bridgewater has progressed adequately enough to looking like an average QB, Saints could walk away with the win.

vs Arizona the Saints will be favored at home again.  Should be a win as the Saints DL will destroy Arizona's OL.

So for that stretch of games I see the Saints going 4-2 dropping the first two and rattling off 4 wins, at worst 3-3 with a loss to Chicago.  If Brees can't come back for Atlanta I would think that game is a loss, though with how Atlanta has shown so far it might still be a win.  So over their next 7 games they'll probably be around 4-3 putting them at 5-4 if Brees takes the longest projected recovery time of the 6-8 weeks.

11 hours ago, Raves said:

I expect Seattle and Dallas to be losses but for Bridgewater to develop timing within the offense and for the playbook to continue to be refined for him in those 2 weeks with him showing progress towards being the starter he was in Minnesota.

vs Tampa the Saints would be favored at home, even if it's only 3 or 4 point.  Tampa is a mess right now.

At Jacksonville will be tough due to their defense, but their offense is worse than what the Saints showed with Bridgewater vs the Rams.  I expect this would be a low scoring game but Saints would walk away with the win.  At most a 3 point road dog.

At Chicago is probably the toughest game the Saints could look to win.  They'll probably be a 5-6 point dog on the road but Chicago's offense is inconsistent at a minimum though the defense is legit.  If Bridgewater has progressed adequately enough to looking like an average QB, Saints could walk away with the win.

vs Arizona the Saints will be favored at home again.  Should be a win as the Saints DL will destroy Arizona's OL.

So for that stretch of games I see the Saints going 4-2 dropping the first two and rattling off 4 wins, at worst 3-3 with a loss to Chicago.  If Brees can't come back for Atlanta I would think that game is a loss, though with how Atlanta has shown so far it might still be a win.  So over their next 7 games they'll probably be around 4-3 putting them at 5-4 if Brees takes the longest projected recovery time of the 6-8 weeks.

youre taking about as optimistic view as you can and then summing it up with "this will probably happen". sorry, but no, it probably wont. yes, the jags offense is worse, its defense is also significantly better with or without ramsey and i dont see much of a way the saint move the ball. Same thing with chicago, even if they offense never gets straight (which weve seen they can do) the defense is so good they should be favored. Maybe, and i mean maybe, theyre favored against arizona but im not even sure about that. The az offense is legit and the saints d has not looked great.

Without brees the saints have an averageish d (maybe slightly above) and on offense has weapons that excel in the short game where elite accuracy helps tremendously.  The offense was built for brees, not bridgewater, thats not exactly groundbreaking news but we shouldnt assume that thomas will be a top 5ish wr with teddy and kamara a top 3-4 back. honestly i think its the longest of long shots to get 3 wins in the next 6, 1 win is way more likely to happen than them getting 3.

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

youre taking about as optimistic view as you can and then summing it up with "this will probably happen". sorry, but no, it probably wont. yes, the jags offense is worse, its defense is also significantly better with or without ramsey and i dont see much of a way the saint move the ball. Same thing with chicago, even if they offense never gets straight (which weve seen they can do) the defense is so good they should be favored. Maybe, and i mean maybe, theyre favored against arizona but im not even sure about that. The az offense is legit and the saints d has not looked great.

Without brees the saints have an averageish d (maybe slightly above) and on offense has weapons that excel in the short game where elite accuracy helps tremendously.  The offense was built for brees, not bridgewater, thats not exactly groundbreaking news but we shouldnt assume that thomas will be a top 5ish wr with teddy and kamara a top 3-4 back. honestly i think its the longest of long shots to get 3 wins in the next 6, 1 win is way more likely to happen than them getting 3.

LoL you're the only one on this board that probably thinks that.  Granted you're also the biggest critic, though hater is probably more appropriate, of the Saints as well.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2019 at 5:43 PM, GSUeagles14 said:

Were you talking about the Saints or the Falcons with that statement? 

• Like 6