Drew Brees to have surgery on throwing hand, to be out around 6 weeks

Dome

On 9/17/2019 at 7:43 PM, GSUeagles14 said:

youre taking about as optimistic view as you can and then summing it up with "this will probably happen". sorry, but no, it probably wont. yes, the jags offense is worse, its defense is also significantly better with or without ramsey and i dont see much of a way the saint move the ball. Same thing with chicago, even if they offense never gets straight (which weve seen they can do) the defense is so good they should be favored. Maybe, and i mean maybe, theyre favored against arizona but im not even sure about that. The az offense is legit and the saints d has not looked great.

Without brees the saints have an averageish d (maybe slightly above) and on offense has weapons that excel in the short game where elite accuracy helps tremendously.  The offense was built for brees, not bridgewater, thats not exactly groundbreaking news but we shouldnt assume that thomas will be a top 5ish wr with teddy and kamara a top 3-4 back. honestly i think its the longest of long shots to get 3 wins in the next 6, 1 win is way more likely to happen than them getting 3.

This aged very poorly.

I was going to come in here and call out GSU.. but he's having a hard enough time right now.  But really surprising how well the Saints have been doing, even by my own expectations.  But more to the topic, really glad to see Brees is already starting to throw.  I think we should still keep him on the bench till at least after the bye week even if he thinks he's ready.  We are playing well enough and don't need to rush him back and risk him injuring it again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

absolutely, i was wrong. See how that works?

Yep well aware of how it works and have taken my lumps when I've been wrong in the past. For example I was a person that thought Tevin Coleman would end up the best RB in his draft class, boy was I wrong.

55 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Yep well aware of how it works and have taken my lumps when I've been wrong in the past. For example I was a person that thought Tevin Coleman would end up the best RB in his draft class, boy was I wrong.

bro, youre so bitter and i dont even know why. do you really think it woukd bother me that coleman isnt the best rb in his class? freeman sucks, beasley sucks, heck half our defense sucks. 

im as big a fan of the falcons as anyone but you gotta learn to put things in perspective. new orleans has some really good players, brees is one of the best ever. none of this bothers me. just wanted to get that out of the way so theres no confusion.

2 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

bro, youre so bitter and i dont even know why. do you really think it woukd bother me that coleman isnt the best rb in his class? freeman sucks, beasley sucks, heck half our defense sucks. 

Why would it bother you? I legit thought he would be the best RB in the draft class. You implied I don't admit when I'm wrong, I used an example of a player we are both familiar with of me being wrong about on this forum.

6 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Why would it bother you? I legit thought he would be the best RB in the draft class. You implied I don't admit when I'm wrong, I used an example of a player we are both familiar with of me being wrong about on this forum.

youre like a kid who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. not fooling anyone and its pretty embarassing. just own up to eating a cookie or two.

11 hours ago, SWATcha said:

Yes, but hopefully not until after the bye, and with a fully healed thumb. No sense rushing back to play the Bears and risk high fiving Mack like he did Donald. 

Which is fine by me.  I picked him up cheap and stashed him on IR in my 1/2 pt PPR league since I've also got Thomas.  I want the stack for the fantasy playoffs.  Also gives me the opportunity, if I chose, to flip Lamar right before the trade deadline if Brees is back.

On 10/7/2019 at 12:01 PM, Raves said:

really glad to see Brees is already starting to throw.

in a weird way, this injury might actually be a good thing for Drew.
One of the trends you'll see with the older QBs is that they lose arm strength as the season rolls into the later months
By December, they lose something off their fast ball.
So this injury/surgery means hundreds of throws he hasn't made this year, that might help in Dec/Jan.  
Plus he's getting A+ rehab... and not getting hit on Sundays

• Like 1

Brees was back at practice yesterday with no thumb brace.

He's not making full force throws, but he's tossing the ball around a bit.

More importantly he was seen doing some warm up drills with the ball. His thumb is healed well enough where he was out catching some passes in warmups, running wheel routes and stuff to the flats. The type of stuff he'd be doing on a trick play if he were ever to catch anything. 

I don't think it means they're practicing anything like that with him (though I wouldn't doubt it), he probably just wants to be part of the offensive rotation to stay fresh. But it's a good sign that he's out there catching passes with no thumb brace on.