Kyler Murray vs Lamar Jackson

AntonChigurh

Lamar Jackson vs Kyler Murray   

55 members have voted

1. 1. Better QB right now

• Lamar
    • Kyler

Lamar is quite unique, he’s not the best passer when scrambling (to this point) but passes well within the pocket and typically likes to stay in the pocket as long as he can before escaping. When he does he is not afraid of contact, but generally is smart enough to not endure huge hits. I’d say he’s like a combination of peak Mike Vick the runner and peak Derek Carr (with slightly more arm strength) the passer.

Kyler is more like Russell Wilson (only faster) who doesn’t like contact so he only runs when it’s a clear lane and no traffic. He can operate well in or outside the pocket. But could probably make plays with his legs during moments when a sack seems inevitable, but he drops and takes the loss to live for another day. His style will lend to a longer career.

I see fringe MVP caliber for both players. Though I think Lamar will win one more SB ring than Kyler off a shorter career.

So short and long term I’m taking Lamar.

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

As well as the Baker Mayfield one. What’s next Lamar vs Peyton. 😂

Well.. it's fair to discuss the 2018 class QB battle that is going to going to have high stakes games every year that decide the AFC North.

So, someone should get on making that Lamar vs Mason Rudolph thread.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Well.. it's fair to discuss the 2018 class QB battle that is going to going to have high stakes games every year that decide the AFC North.

So, someone should get on making that Lamar vs Mason Rudolph thread.

And along that same note, Nick Chubb is a RB from the 2018 NFL Draft Class. Chubb finished his college career with 4769 rushing yards, 44 rushing TDs; Lamar finished his rushing career at Louisville at 4132 yards rushing and 50 TDs.

Currently Chubb is sitting at 75 yds rushing and 0 scores through 1 game with Lamar at 126 yards rushing and 0 scores through two.

So I think the real question on everyone’s minds is, will running back Lamar Jackson outrush Nick Chubb in 2019?

(Lowkey now I’m actually curious about this. Like could Lamar somehow outrush Chubb and have better QB efficiency than Baker. 😂)

52 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Hey! It's cool Minshew has done okay! Let's not be hatin'! 

Oh I’m not hating. I just find it funny that any and everything with a walking pulse seems to draw a Lamar comparison thread.

Heck, in one of these threads... he’s already been compared to Minshew, which is why I brought him into the conversation.

Just saying, Lamar is 8-1 as a starter and has a passer rating of 100 for his career. Some of these comparisons need to show some respect on his name.

Just like I would never do a Lamar vs Mahomes comparison saying “both are 7-0 for their TD/Int ratio, who do you take.” That would be foolish. Mahomes is an MVP, is superior, and deserves that respect for Lamar to build his resume before such a comparison could ever be conceived.

Just now, AntonChigurh said:

I dont know why the poll is lopsided in Lamars favor. 

Murray has a stronger arm and is already making elite tight coverage throws with consistency. 

Stronger arm is very much debatable. In fact, I don’t think Kyler has the superior arm strength.

His deep passes in our game lacked the desired velocity and left plenty of time for  defenders to get in position to pick. One pass in particular with Brandon Carr in coverage comes to mind, had it been Marlon Humphrey in the vicinity that pass gets picked. Lamar has made similar passes that travelled similar distances that had much more velocity to get there.

There were other deep targets where that seemed to be the case with his velocity as well. He has the better ball placement, but arm strength? I don’t think he has it over Lamar. Perhaps last season when Lamar was throwing ducks with no spirals to them.

• Like 1