Kyler Murray vs Lamar Jackson

AntonChigurh

Lamar Jackson vs Kyler Murray   

55 members have voted

1. 1. Better QB right now

• Lamar
    • Kyler

3 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Oh I’m not hating. I just find it funny that any and everything with a walking pulse seems to draw a Lamar comparison thread.

Heck, in one of these threads... he’s already been compared to Minshew, which is why I brought him into the conversation.

Just saying, Lamar is 8-1 as a starter and has a passer rating of 100 for his career. Some of these comparisons need to show some respect on his name.

Just like I would never do a Lamar vs Mahomes comparison saying “both are 7-0 for their TD/Int ratio, who do you take.” That would be foolish. Mahomes is an MVP, is superior, and deserves that respect for Lamar to build his resume before such a comparison could ever be conceived.

I disagree with this take. 

Can you tell even without accolades and experience by watching a qb play, arm strength accuracy etc etc who are the best. 

Lamar is very good, but Murray is clearly the superior pocket passer at the moment. Especially considering his play under duress. 

I would argue he is already approaching top 10 qb levels in terms of pure raw qb ability. 

Still want to see some over the middle throws and how he navigates throwing lanes to create those throws. 

Outside of Pat M, he may have the strongest arm in the league. 

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

Stronger arm is very much debatable. In fact, I don’t think Kyler has the superior arm strength.

His deep passes in our game lacked the desired velocity and left plenty of time for  defenders to get in position to pick. One pass in particular with Brandon Carr in coverage comes to mind, had it been Marlon Humphrey in the vicinity that pass gets picked. Lamar has made similar passes that travelled similar distances that had much more velocity to get there.

There were other deep targets where that seemed to be the case with his velocity as well. He has the better ball placement, but arm strength? I don’t think he has it over Lamar. Perhaps last season when Lamar was throwing ducks with no spirals to them.

I think the velocity is intentional to allow better placement for the ball. 

33 minutes ago, AntonChigurh said:

I disagree with this take. 

Can you tell even without accolades and experience by watching a qb play, arm strength accuracy etc etc who are the best. 

Lamar is very good, but Murray is clearly the superior pocket passer at the moment. Especially considering his play under duress. 

I would argue he is already approaching top 10 qb levels in terms of pure raw qb ability. 

Still want to see some over the middle throws and how he navigates throwing lanes to create those throws. 

Outside of Pat M, he may have the strongest arm in the league. 

Not sure why you’re talking about pocket passing. The quote I responded to stated that Murray has a stronger arm than Lamar, which is what I responded to.

In terms of the other stuff, I think Lamar has a better feel of the pocket and has evaded some sacks that Murray has taken.

Whats more Lamar has a career passer rating of 100 while Murray is currently at 81.7 passer rating. While he’s compiled a lot of yards, Murray has only completed 57.4% of his passes.

Worst yet is the NYA/ANYA where Murray sits at 5.92/5.87 as Lamar sits at 6.96/7.46, showing better passing efficiency from Lamar. So all in all, there really is no reason at this point to say Kyler is better than Lamar IMO. Maybe in the future, we’ll see.

2 hours ago, fortdetroit said:

Kyler Murray is going to be very good.  I was very impressed with him against the Lions after he shook off some early rookie shakiness.  Very accurate.  I'm glad the Lions didn't get him later in the season.

Yup same. Seeing him live - he's going to be very good. 

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 11:11 PM, AntonChigurh said:

Just saying, Lamar is 8-1 as a starter and has a passer rating of 100 for his career. Some of these comparisons need to show some respect on his name

We would but that record is so deceiving, the majority of the record from last year was off the back of a top level defense and an elite running game...

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

Wonder why the run game suddenly became elite once he took over at QB?

Exactly the ravens were 4-5 and 31st in run offense prior to Lamar taking over despite this same elite defense... The only change made was inserting him at QB and playing to his strengths... The notion that the run game and defense carried him is preposterous when it was his running and his threat to run that made us an elite running team.

• Like 2