Championship Belt

Shady Slim

On 9/16/2019 at 2:30 AM, Shady Slim said:

i thought this would be a fun thing to start... many of you are probably familiar with how championship belt for a sports league works... it starts with the team who won the comp at a base year, and then each week they “defend” it against the team they play, and so on... 

so if the base year was 2018, for example, it’d start with the eagles, who defended it against the falcons and then ceded it to the bucs, who ceded to the steelers, who ceded to the ravens, who ceded to the browns, who ceded to the chargers, who defended against the titans, seattle, and oakland, before losing it to denver, who defend against pittsburgh and cincy before they lost it to the niners (lol), who defend against the seahawks (lol), then lose it to chicago who defends it against minny in week 17, lose it to philly in the divisional, who loses it to the saints, who loses it to the rams where it’s won by the pats in the big one

so for the belt with this year as the base year, which is how it’ll operate, fittingly, it starts with the pats, which is why this year is a good base year. they defended it against the steelers week one and then defended it against the dolphins today.

let’s track the belt!!

Just out of curiosity, does VOW mean anything to you?  Because they did this exact idea with the WWE championship, dubbing it the "linear title" 

On 26/09/2019 at 2:56 AM, Elky said:

Patriots = Ric Flair.

Winning championships in our blood. Everyone hates us and we're known for cheating.

WOOO!!!

I would go more with the Boston native. 

Face of the company since the turn of the century. 6 championship wins at the biggest event. Undefeated in 2007.

Known for favourable booking.

On the rare occasions that there is a loss, many of his fans cry. 

4 hours ago, The Hitch said:

I would go more with the Boston native. 

Face of the company since the turn of the century. 6 championship wins at the biggest event. Undefeated in 2007.

Known for favourable booking.

On the rare occasions that there is a loss, many of his fans cry. 

Which wrestler are you talking about. 

8 hours ago, Activated10 said:

I assumed it was John Cena, don't remember him being undefeated for a whole year. I thought only JBL did that in 2005. 

Yeah he wasn't fully undefeated in that from what I can see he occasionally lost matches. But with 100-200 matches a year thats understandable. 

What I meant was he didn't lose the title. In title matches he was undefeated. And i guess thats all that matters. Even if people liked one of the Michaels matches he lost, that was the one that wasn't for the title, and all the ones for the title, he won. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...