Here's A Mild Distraction For Consideration

soulman

13 hours ago, soulman said:

Well he's signed through 2021 as is Fuller so both would have to be re-signed but it now a moot point.  Pitt trade a 2020 1st for him.  We couldn't have gone that high if we'd have wanted to.

TRADE: Steelers are trading a 2020 first-round pick to the Dolphins for DB Minkah Fitzpatrick, league sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 17, 2019

I read Miami got even more than a first (although just what wasn't specified). 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Not sure where to post this, but man I had to wait until like 7 to watch the Bears game Sunday on game pass.

My antenna was not coming in so I could not watch live.  

I was dying waiting.   

I hate these late games.   Play at noon!   Then I can watch when I get home from church and after lunch.   

Then I had to watch that game after all that waiting and staying off all media.  The game where we couldn't move the ball and then almost lost a game we had won.  I actually thought we lost for about 35 minutes because I turned it off when Denver went ahead and then we sucked on next few plays offensively.  

I was dying all over again.

Don't know if I can handle these emotions man.  I have to calm down my expectations and my level of excitement for this team.  I built it up too much in my head this off season.

Anyone else go through anything like that?

Being a Bears fan is not easy man. I felt the same way. Hell, I don't think I felt that many changes in emotions since the loss the Falcons back in '08(?) when Lovie called a time out in OT and Ryan fired a bullet that led to loss after the FG. That still burns.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Being a Bears fan is not easy man. I felt the same way. Hell, I don't think I felt that many changes in emotions since the loss the Falcons back in '08(?) when Lovie called a time out in OT and Ryan fired a bullet that led to loss after the FG. That still burns.

Ha ha, yeah something has always seemed to be missing from the mix that leads to a championship.

The exception has been the '85 team but only because Mac stayed relatively healthy that year.  As dominant as that defense was in ensuing years we couldn't hold onto the top without him and his backups while never lousy just were not of the same caliber as far as being able to lead and win games.

2006 was again a situation where Grossman could not do enough vs Manning for the defense to eek out a win despite Hester's opening KO return for a TD.  That was a pure gift you'd seldom ever seen in any championship game.  It was shocking to me that Indy actually elected to kick to him.

In 2010 again we lost our starting QB in the NFC Championship game and lost only to watch GB go on to win the SB when had we beaten them in the final game of the season they would not have even qualified for the playoffs.  That was another 10-3 loss where the defense did it's part but the offense failed to score.

Now again we have a championship caliber defense that should be tough for any team to hang more than 20 points per game on and yet we have an offense that's struggling to score even half that.  So I've stopped tearing my hair out over it.  I don't have enough left in front to spare any longer. :D

• Like 2

On 9/18/2019 at 4:22 AM, soulman said:

Now again we have a championship caliber defense that should be tough for any team to hang more than 20 points per game on and yet we have an offense that's struggling to score even half that.  So I've stopped tearing my hair out over it.  I don't have enough left in front to spare any longer. :D

Oh, man. 

Brother. Don't succumb to the negativity. Let's wait a few more games before declaring the offense a lost cause. You know better than that. ;)

• Like 1