We're the 'same old Titans'

deeluxx3

We really are. Whether we're 3-13 or 9-7, it's the same old team. The same old boneheaded decisions, the same old lack of consistency, the same old 'square pegs in round holes'

It's like we don't pay attention to what else is happening in this league and how to adapt. Who here is seriously surprised that Humphries as done nothing for us so far? Who's surprised that we've thrown to him exactly one time in a third down situation? Why WOULD we use a very role-specific player in the role he excels at? And that's just Exhibit Y.

We are a stupid, loser football team. We cannot win consistently, we cannot impose our will, we cannot play physical football week in and week out. So many self inflicted mistakes yesterday that WINNING teams do not make. And they're the same mistakes that've plagued us for the past 15 years. FIFTEEN YEARS.

How many times did Brisset wiggle out of an easy sack? Sure he's a big body and mobile...Jacoby is a good QB...but it's just a lack of effort and execution on our part. No "blood in the water" type instinct. No passion. No desire.

We are a REACTIONARY football team. Last week we took some shots downfield. Going into this week, we know Indy will run Cover 2 and that removes a lot of those opportunities. What do we do? Not try to impose our will and make them respond to OUR brand of football (not that we have a brand), but totally bend over to what the defense would dictate. Do you think Andy Reid does that? Sean McVay? Doug Pederson? Wonder why those guys tend to WIN.

Marcus has not grown as a player over the past 3 years, but damn man...we broke that guy. The metaphor has been made before...he's a ferrari of an athlete and we're trying to use him as a big Ford pick-up truck. What other team in the NFL would build the type of offense we've built around a guy like Marcus? Say what you want about all the "good" AAS has done for this team, but new jerseys don't mean jack sh** when you also mandate that we pair Mariota with Mike Mularkey as he headed into his second year. A MEDDLING OWNER made a fatal mistake.

We are the same old Titans. This is the same freaking team as last year's headache. We don't want to evolve because we won't let ourselves. Eddie George and Steve McNair are GONE. We don't have to keep playing football like they're still on the roster. You'd think retiring their jerseys would make the entire franchise realize that they no longer play on Sundays, but I don't think that lightbulb has gone off yet.

I hoped that the combo of JRob/Vrabel would have brought in that modern, winning mentality. But so far it's been average and resilient. That's better than the 10 years prior, but it's not good enough. Also hurts to see that Frank Reich is 100000% the best coach in the AFC South.

I know this is a rant, but it's the truth. We'll go and beat Jacksonville on Thursday, but it won't matter. We'll keep laying total eggs like yesterday where we get in our own damn way enough times throughout the season where we miss the playoffs and go into the offseason with the 18th pick.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

I don't know how I somehow clicked onto this page and found this, but um......... oops. 

I mean, if you're looking for posts that didn't age well, look up literally anything I said about Mariota before the season started.

5 hours ago, Daniel said:

I mean, if you're looking for posts that didn't age well, look up literally anything I said about Mariota before the season started.

We all have our bad takes. Mine was how opposed to Mike Mularkey I was. I went as far as recanting my fan-hood at a certain point. To go from Fisher -> Munchak -> Whisenhunt -> Mularkey was a brutal succession (until Mularkey proved me wrong.) 

P.S. #JusticeForMikeMularkey

I certainly have no room to talk.

After the Broncos game was maybe the lowest point I’ve been as a Titan fan. We were 2-4, the Mariota era was officially over (I had wanted it to work out with him so bad), and Vrabel looked in over his head. I saw no light at the end of the tunnel for this franchise. I was prepared to check out for the season and potentially check out on following the team for good. It wasn’t until the Jags win where I started to truly get back into the season. A few weeks and a magical playoff run later, and I’m right back to being as optimistic for the team and the future as I’ve ever been. Funny how a few months of good play can change everything.

• Like 3