Big Brother

THE DUKE

44 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Wait, Josh won?? That guy that sounded like he couldn't effectively plug in an appliance? That moron?? The guy running around calling people "meatballs"??? lol

If you actually watch the Finale you wouldnt think this. Not calling him Einstein or a Mastermind by any stretch. But he was clearly putting on an act in the house once he knew he couldnt straight up outplay this cast (mostly due to his personality downfalls). Sure it was all just a heightened version of who he really is, but when you saw him start to actually articulate his entire game, and the fact that he snuck the goodbye messages in there, he is clearly much more aware and competent than he portrayed himself all summer long.

40 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Saw somewhere that Jessica and Cody are going to be on The Amazing Race

Many in the Reality Game Show arena are very dubious that TAR30 will ever actually happen. But if it does. Jess & Cody are the perfect couple to jump on that. Honestly, their following from BB19 might be what is needed to push CBS over the edge to get Season 30 going. But even if they do, its likely the last season, as Ratings have sunk like a load of bricks. 

47 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

If you actually watch the Finale you wouldnt think this. Not calling him Einstein or a Mastermind by any stretch. But he was clearly putting on an act in the house once he knew he couldnt straight up outplay this cast (mostly due to his personality downfalls). Sure it was all just a heightened version of who he really is, but when you saw him start to actually articulate his entire game, and the fact that he snuck the goodbye messages in there, he is clearly much more aware and competent than he portrayed himself all summer long.

You serious, Clark? If so, that's amazing lol. I didn't watch the finale, you're right. I watched maybe 10-12 episodes this season and he drove me crazy. Guess I'll have to check it out.

I really thought Josh screwed up when he elected to pick Paul instead of Christmas. Pathetic of Paul calling Josh a coward after seeing what Josh said in the goodbye messages when he never owned up to what he did himself. I was entertained the first half of the season while the second half was excruciating.

I hope to never see Raven the pathological liar and Alex again.

52 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I was impressed with how Josh answered the jury questions. He definitely did a better job than Paul who still couldn't admit what he did.

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

You serious, Clark? If so, that's amazing lol. I didn't watch the finale, you're right. I watched maybe 10-12 episodes this season and he drove me crazy. Guess I'll have to check it out.

He still dives me crazy, Bottom 5 winners of Big Brother (possibly bottom 3) but he showed that he was ACTUALLY doing something the whole time. It was like the Simpleton version of a Steve Moses game. But he did realize that he had to give the house everything we saw on the show (and even more on the feeds), but it was just a heightened reality of himself. Being so loud, obnoxious, and crazy that very few people ever really wanted to waste their time in targeting him, is actually a strategy used before. Its the anti-play dead, and a bad players version of Will's lie about everything or Dan's burn every bridge you have.

I just wish he would have let the watchers in on this. Had we known he was purposing going over the top, adding extra spice, we would have all acknowledged and respected that move. He talked to the cameras plenty enough, I dont know why he never dropped those hints. There was a major eye opening moment last night when he started answering questions from the jury. Paul realized it immediately, as soon as Josh was sound and articulate with his arguments, he went slack jawed.

Now, I will say, that isnt what won him the game, it was the Bitter Jury. But his ability to realize how mad people were at Paul as they left the house (Jason & Alex) and leave them the goodbye messages he did to send a bit of empathy on the way out. As well as end his attacks on people when they left the house, while Paul continued to bad mouth each of the weeks after they were gone (Cody & Mark) which got back to them. Those two things made people believe that Josh, while immature and annoying, was just trying to play a game. Where as Paul was just being an a-hole and truly might be a sociopath, who they dont believe deserved to win.

Your post makes me want to actually watch a finale of this show. I admit I didn't ever see an episode until maybe two seasons ago and just watch it sporadically. I essentially have no idea how anyone wins lol. I never knew there was a jury to be honest. I'm going to look into that when I have time and maybe even stream the finale to see what it's all about. 

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Many in the Reality Game Show arena are very dubious that TAR30 will ever actually happen. But if it does. Jess & Cody are the perfect couple to jump on that. Honestly, their following from BB19 might be what is needed to push CBS over the edge to get Season 30 going. But even if they do, its likely the last season, as Ratings have sunk like a load of bricks. 

The guy in this article seems confident that season 30 is a go, but that no future seasons have been ordered yet

http://cartermatt.com/268219/amazing-race-30-big-brothers-cody-nickson-jessica-graf-board/

I think Paul should have won BB18, and BB19 yesterday, but he made the mistake both times. You cannot straight up ignore the jury's feelings (I -hate- a bitter jury), and expect to win. And because Paul lost again, I have my doubts that this is the last we hear from him in the Big Brother game. I also have my doubts that Josh had his entire game planned as he insinuated in his jury answers, but I cannot blame him for claiming it to be - it was the right thing to say. I think Josh is as emotional and obnoxious as he portrayed, but he was often tempted into doing those things by Paul and his sheep.

I only don't mind Josh winning (I fully think Paul should have won though) because he seemed to be the only person who knew what Paul was doing. While other's would do everything Paul wanted, at least Josh questioned them (though, he ultimately followed through as well). The best move all summer was as someone mentioned above; Josh played those goodbye messages perfectly.

As a fan of Paul in this game, I HATED that he sunk so low to call Josh cowardly for using those to his advantage. It was simply a part of the game that Paul ignored and Josh immensely capitalized on. Good for Josh. You could also tell that Josh genuinely cared about the game (not just the money), him getting emotional in his final speech was endearing and made me more okay with his win than I thought I would be.

Paul's jury management cost him the win both seasons.  Call them bitter juries if you must, but jury management is just as important as alliances, blind sides, social play, and comp wins.  The only conclusion I could draw is that deep down Paul is incredibly insecure.  The constant bad mouthing of anyone who went against him, even long after they were evicted, the ostracization of the weekly target, and in both seasons not owning up to his game play.  He talked all season about keeping blood off his hands, when he likely wins easy if he owns it and figuratively bathes in the blood of the evicted owning up to it all but still being respectful.  His jury management was abysmal.

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Paul's jury management cost him the win both seasons.  Call them bitter juries if you must, but jury management is just as important as alliances, blind sides, social play, and comp wins.  The only conclusion I could draw is that deep down Paul is incredibly insecure.  The constant bad mouthing of anyone who went against him, even long after they were evicted, the ostracization of the weekly target, and in both seasons not owning up to his game play.  He talked all season about keeping blood off his hands, when he likely wins easy if he owns it and figuratively bathes in the blood of the evicted owning up to it all but still being respectful.  His jury management was abysmal.

If Paul had ever watched any of the previous seasons, he would have known exactly what to do, and easy won this year (I think its revisionist history to say he deserved to win last year).

All he had to do was correctly use his goodbye messages. But the fact that he thinks Josh was a coward for doing that shows he doesnt have any understanding of the game. Had he done what Derrick or Andy did, and just told everyone "sorry I had to cut you, you were too big of a threat to my game, Still friendship on the outside" they would have all felt like they were contenders, and he just got them before they could get him. He would have won probably 7-2. But if you cant own your game EVER, you arent going to win.

Alright, Im gonna work this all out right here in a few posts. Id love to know your guys input, even if you dont have the super deep knowledge of Big Brother. 

Big Brother 20 - All Stars

If we are getting an All Stars season, make it a true full blown cast of All Stars. Not half and half, not just returning House guests, but the best the game has to offer. With this being BB20, and how fond CBS is of saying "the BIGGEST Big Brother yet" go for it. A full 20 house Guests, 10 guys/10 gals. You dont need to extend the season, just throw in 4 double evictions with a late game week that has 2 evictions in it. They Love their Buy Back so just do one big one, First 8 out get a chance. 

So with 20 years of History, you have to make the cut off somewhere, so lets make it the Last  10 seasons and everyone who was not a contestant before that is eligible. This cuts out the previous All Stars show (BB7), so sorry, that means no Dr Will, Mike Boogie, Janelle or Danielle Reyes. BB8 was also pretty odd, and they will definitely want to exclude anything to do with BB9. So from BB10 on, anyone who debuted is eligible. We want a well rounded cast, so Comp Beasts, Strategists, Socialites and everything between needs to be represented. Lets break down what we have for each of the previous seasons. 

BB10 - Lets just get the elephant out of the room, Dan Gheesling needs to be on an All Stars cast. Theres just no fighting that so if there was ever a sure thing, it would be him. But lets also be honest, there will be much more options from the more recent seasons, as the players were much better and the personalities started to really shine though. But there are some others to consider; particularly Jessie Godderz and Memphis Garrett. CBS and BB love bringing back Mr. Pectacular, so I wouldnt be shocked to see him in an All Star season, but in the end he wasnt a great game player, just one of those big personalities. On the other side Memphis was a heck of a player, as the runner up to Dan, Id like to see him take another crack at him. Memphis is surely on my short list for AS, while Im sure Jessie is a reliable go to if they need to fill out the cast.

BB11 - A pretty solid cast here, and some obvious BB/CBS favorites that could be part of the cast Jeff Schroder and Jordan Lloyd would top their list from this season, and honestly I would agree. I know alot of people have gotten sick of Jeff & Jordan, and dont believe they are nearly as good of players as they are portrayed, but they are still decent and are good characters for the game. So they make the list of possibles.  One HG that many people would like to see get some redemption is Michelle Noonan. Treated as a villain, but viewed correctly on the outside, she may be a fun to see back in the house. but the biggest get from this season would have to be Natalie Martinez. Who I and many view as the best player this year, and who deserved to win, but came runner up because of the social game (showmance) of Jordan.

BB12 - The options from this season clearly starts with one thing, The Brigade. Matt Hoffman, Enzo Palumbo, Hayden Moss and Lane Ellenburg should all be considered here. And while it would be cool to see some of them get back together, I think at most we get one of these guys back. Any of them would be great, but shoot for the former winner in Hayden. And right after that crew, we have the obvious duo of Brendon Villegas and Rachel Riley. Fighting for title of "First Couple of Big Brother" both would obviously be good additions to the cast, but its unlikely both would play together. But in a season full of characters Brittany Haynes may be the the best of them all. She already came back as a Coach (as did Dan) and would deserve a spot on this season. Alot of good options from this very good season of Big Brother.

BB13 - Woof, outside of the returning House Guests, there just isnt a whole lot of good options to pick out of the other 8 members. There are some decent players (Adam, Porche, Kalia) but none of them on an All Stars level. If I was going to pick anyone as a possibility it would be Shelly Moore. Loved her blow ups on Jeff & Jordan, she was a smart player. But in the end, putting her into an All Stars season would be a stretch.

BB14 - Another season with returnees, so we already start with only 12 new House Guests as options, and as before, anyone expelled or quitting is obviously automatically out, so we are down to 11. I really want to see Jodi Rollins get another shot, but as I have outlined before, there is a much better way, and you cant call her an All Star in any way. Frank already came back and was a dud, or else this would be the perfect season for him. So to who is actually an option, obviously Ian Terry, anyone who takes down Dan (no matter how he did it) deserves a spot in this season. Fan favorite Jen Arroyo deserves consideration, but I was just never down with Jen City. Sean Meaney deserves to be mentioned as he was a Comp Beast, and is up there to fill a Male comp beast role. And people loved Ashley Iocco, but that doesnt make her an All Star. But the one who I most want to see come back from this season is Danielle Murphee, the original Block Survivor of Big Brother.

BB15 - Yet another controversial season of Big Brother. There were some people who were very good players, but they might steer away from due to the stigma attached to them, namely Aaryn Gries and GinaMarie Zimmerman. And on the flip side of that coin Im not sure they would even tempt to bring back Candace Stewart, and I cant imagine Howard Overbay would even want to go through any of this again even though I would LOVE to have him back. If you asked her Im sure Helen Kim would throw herself into the All Stars pool, not me. Andy Harren perfected the floater game, and as a winner deserves a spot if he wants it. Alot of Fans would probably call for Elisa Slater, Judd Daugherty, and McRae Olsen to get a spot, and they could all be options but there are better players out there. But we all know who we hate that we want back on Big Brother, Queen B*tch herself, Amanda Zuckerman. Alot of good options from this season.

BB16 - I actually started to rewatch this one for fun, and there is one HG who I NEVER want to see on TV again, and thats Devin. But outside of him, this is another good cast, with plenty of potential All Stars. But like some previous seasons, there is a clear spot to be given, and Derrick Levasseur needs to be on an All Star season. But outside of him, his ride or die Cody Califiore could be one, but I think if they ever did another family twist, they should bring him and Paulie as returnees in that one. Caleb  Reynolds, Frankie Grande and Donnie Thompson are all fan or CBS favorites that should be under consideration. I was madly in love with Amber, but I cant even make that case. The one who is unlikely, but would be amazing is if we got Zach Rance back in the Big Brother House.

BB17 - While I enjoyed this season, it doesnt have alot to pick from. The obvious one that deserves a spot is Venessa Russo. I guess Steve Moses should be considered, but I just dont think he played that game any better than Ian or Andy did. De'Vonne Rogers and James Huling would have both been big options, but they already came back last year and flamed out, and Jason Roy got his shot on OTT. Audrey Middleton created the offshoot of Sequester, but I doubt they bring her back, no more blanketing. But if they needed to fill out the female side, I could see Liz/Julia Nolan being an option. And the biggest fan favorite, and pretty darn good player in their own right Johnny McGuire needs to be part of this.

BB18 - As with other season, returnees knock our options down to 12 newbies. Lets start here, after screwing up again, would you be shocked to see Paul Abrahamian back in the house for a 3rd straight season? Id much rather see the guy who carried him through this season, Victor Arroyo, with a spot. Much like Jodi, Glenn Garcia deserves a second chance, but in a different situation. And Natalie Negrotti would be fun away from creepy James, but outside of those few, this season was pretty bleh.

BB19 - A season that I would like to see a complete Redo of. Plenty of interesting players that just never got a chance to go after it. Cameron Heard is in the Gelnn/Jodi camp. Josh Martinez may have won, but he doesnt warrant All Star status. Jessica Graf and Cody Nickson are both players Id like to see on their own. Elena Davies is a personality that should have shined and wouldnt hate to see her be cannon fodder for another season. But obviously Christmas Abbott on a healthy leg would be something to see. 

BBOTT - Not sure how many of you even know about OTT,  but it is part of the Big Brother US cannon. So Id like to see the winner Morgan Willett get a shot with the BB proper players. Her sister Alex Willett would also be an option. As well as Shelby Stockton who may have been the best player in this season. There were plenty of characheters in this house, but very few that may have a shot to cross over.

I will break dow my 20 House Guest picks alittle later.

@StLunatic88

Jeff and Jordan might not be available. Jeff left CBS for a online streaming pop news website (Daily Blast Live is what it’s called). Dr Will replaced Jeff for the backyard interviews this season. 

I had heard that the jury was bitter Alison Grodner actually came out ahead of time and said the jury was bitter (and I think I’m hindsight she meant more against each other rather then to Paul, Alex be damned)

Archived