Aaron Rodgers Doesn't Like Open Receivers

MacReady

This is from 2018. 

It is only sacks.  Only TV broadcast, so no way of seeing what's open further downfield.

When I have some time, I am going to get all Access or whatever it's called. 

ALL OF THESE PLAYS ENDED IN A SACK

9.png

Third and five, Jones has a great shot at the first down. 

10.png

Third and five, Williams is going to have a shot.  Slim shot, but a shot nonetheless.  Graham also pops open before Rodgers gets sacked here. 

11.png

Don't know what doen this is, but Jones was open earlier.  Graham is also open here in the corner of the endzone.  It closed quick, but there were options.

Screen-Shot-2019-09-16-at-9-47-40-AM.png

Two options wide open here.  You can't tell me Rodgers doesn't see the literal five yards of Jones being wide open there.  This was NOT a third down. 

2.png

Top of the screen, bottom of the screen.  Rodgers was staring top of screen down and instead of getting a first down he just flat out refused to throw.  There was nobody within 10 yards of Jones. 

3.png

First and ten and you can literally see Rodgers looking right at ESB.  That's what, 3 yards minimum? 

4.png

Third and two.  Jones is iffy depending on where the defender in the bottom right of the screen was going, but either Allison or Jones was open here.  You can see Rodgers looking right at both with a defender coming right at him.  Inexcusable for Rodgers to take a sack here.  Get rid of it or throw it. 

12.png

Williams open for some big yardage.  Top left of the screen also open.  Plenty of room for Rodgers.  This ends in a sack. 

5.png

4th and 2.  Bottom of the screen has a chance.  MVS was open significantly more at the top of his route.  You have to remember, too, that Rodgers knows these plays.  He knows it's 4th and 2.  How do you not get rid of the ball here?  How do you let this turn into a sack?  Yes, Graham sucks at blocking, but Rodgers knows that, and there are options here. 

6.png

3rd and 2.  Jones is going to be open (and was open earlier).  ESB is open, too.  These were all short routes. 

7.png

MVS was open for a long time on this one. 

8.png

Williams was open for a long time on this one.  Even before Rodgers started dancing around. 

@AlexGreen#20, @Norm, @incognito_man, and at every single one of you from Vikings fans to Packer fans to random *** Bills fans who agree with me and can see that Rodgers clearly has serious issues, help me with this. 

Rodgers has to stop getting treated like a god around here.  He has very serious flaws, and they're all mental. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Outpost has very serious flaws, and they're all mental. 

Fixed it for you.  

Seriously .. we are all aware of the issues .. I was unhappy last week with a few of the sacks he took.  Pull the damn trigger already, Arod!  We're 2-0 though and have defeated a couple of pretty good defenses.  1st place in the division all alone.  We just have to hope that Aaron improves as the offense gets their act together.  I'd rather bask in 2-0 for now than look for every negative with this football team. 

• Like 1

What are the reads for each play?

You just assume the QB sits back there with omniscience and is supposed to throw to whoever he sees get open first.

FFS, in the last shot he has his back to Jamaal. How tf is he supposed to see him? The RB to the flat route is usually the last read. 

• Like 2

Seriously what?  

I want people to see that I’m not making it up when I say he consistently refuses to throw to open receivers.

2018's been litigated to death and you seem to think you've got some singular and revolutionary viewpoints on ARs performance. You dont.

LET IT GO.

Just now, Leader said:

2018's been litigated to death and you seem to think you've got some singular and revolutionary viewpoints on ARs performance. You dont.

LET IT GO.

Nobody likes your condescending attitude on telling people what they can and cannot discuss on this site.  You’ve got the leadership capacity of a seahorse in a herd of water buffalo.

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

What are the reads for each play?

You just assume the QB sits back there with omniscience and is supposed to throw to whoever he sees get open first.

FFS, in the last shot he has his back to Jamaal. How tf is he supposed to see him? The RB to the flat route is usually the last read. 

Pretty sure Williams is bottom right of screen and Rodgers is literally looking right at him.  

And reads?  This isn’t some rookie QB.  This is a 10 year vet who knows the plays and should know the down and distance situation and who will be open where.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

You’re a ****, you know that?  Nobody likes your condescending attitude on telling people what they can and cannot discuss on this site.  You’ve got the leadership capacity of a seahorse in a herd of water buffalo.

Fine. Points noted.

Now - let 2018 go. We've all been there and heard about it already.

Quit arguing with nobody. Nobody's saying ARs been setting the world on fire. So who you bitching with or about? Nobody. You're just bitching.

Just now, Leader said:

Now - let 2018 go. We've all been there and heard about it already

His play from 2015 to present is relevant in making a point about issues that have followed him for those 5 years. 

2018 is the only visual evidence I had access to. 

Pretty sure Williams is bottom right of screen and Rodgers is literally looking right at him.  

And reads?  This isn’t some rookie QB.  This is a 10 year vet who knows the plays and should know the down and distance situation and who will be open where.

Ah, my fault. That's Jones then I'm guessing. And I'm gonna argue that he's probably staring right at the DE that's coming to take his head off.

That's...also not how playing QB works. Not everyone is just "open" at a certain point of the play.