Aaron Rodgers Doesn't Like Open Receivers

MacReady

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

His play from 2015 to present is relevant in making a point about issues that have followed him for those 5 years. 

2018 is the only visual evidence I had access to. 

Got news for you .. Aaron has had that habit of holding the ball too long for his entire career.  It's just the way he operates. He's like the ultimate game manager who despises turnovers, but can occasionally pull all world plays out of his ***.  We just don't have quite the cast of receivers we used to have to help generate the big plays that used to be plentiful.

Just now, cannondale said:

Let me know when you can map out Rodgers' progressions and can overlay them on your photos, then I'll take a look.This isn't backyard football where everyone runs around and the QB just scans everyone at once.

He's literally looking directly at the receivers in over half of those images.  If you think Rodgers is incapable of noticing Jones wide open in the first one, you're dumb.  Literally looking right at Graham in the third one.  If you don't think Rodgers can notice either option wide effing open in 4, you're dumb.  Literally looking right at the open target in fifth image.  Literally looking right at ESB in 6.  Literally looking right at Jones in 7.  Literally two players open in the middle of the field in 8.  Literally looking right at open MVS in 10. 

Don't give me that reads and progressions horse crap. 

25 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Got news for you .. Aaron has had that habit of holding the ball too long for his entire career.  It's just the way he operates. He's like the ultimate game manager who despises turnovers, but can occasionally pull all world plays out of his ***.  We just don't have quite the cast of receivers we used to have to help generate the big plays that used to be plentiful.

Except he's not the ultimate game manager. A game manager relies very heavily on his running game, and typically is a 1/ 2 receiver read and if that dude isn't WIDE open, he checks it down.

Rodgers frequently checks out of run plays and is a weird hybrid where he wasn't throwing it if Adams wasn't wide open (this has been getting better this year) but then wasn't checking down. He was just holding it and waiting.

• Like 1

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Except he's not the ultimate game manager. A game manager relies very heavily on his running game, and typically is a 1/ 2 receiver read and if that dude isn't WIDE open, he checks it down.

Rodgers frequently checks out of run plays and is a weird hybrid where he wasn't throwing it if Adams wasn't wide open (this has been getting better this year) but then wasn't checking down. He was just holding it and waiting.

You have Gamepass, don't you? 

1. How much is it?  Is it monthly or yearly?
2. Could you please do what I just did except for every option? 

I don't have any use for Gamepass except to show how often Rodgers pulls this same crap.  I would go back through all of McCarthy's time and all of LaFleur to show that it's not an offense thing, it's not a WR talent thing, but a Rodgers thing. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

You have Gamepass, don't you? 

1. How much is it?  Is it monthly or yearly?
2. Could you please do what I just did except for every option? 

I don't have any use for Gamepass except to show how often Rodgers pulls this same crap.  I would go back through all of McCarthy's time and all of LaFleur to show that it's not an offense thing, it's not a WR talent thing, but a Rodgers thing. 

The fact that you will pay for gamepass just to angrily post on a message board with other Packers fans is sad. Re-evaluate. 

• Like 4

Just now, JBURGE said:

The fact that you will pay for gamepass just to angrily post on a message board with other Packers fans is sad. Re-evaluate. 

The fact that the only times you quote me are to condescend instead of add anything to the conversation is sad.  Re-evaluate. 

Add to the conversation for once. 

**** me for asking how much Gamepass is to be able to prove what I see instead of rely on a five-year-old notion that Rodgers is the greatest ever and keep ignoring the glaringly obvious weaknesses to his game like the rest of this board. 

I'm here posting new threads with visual evidence of what I've been saying. 
Alex Green goes through every ****ing play. 
Lots of others on this site try to add evidence to their points and their counterpoints. 

Yeah, I spend a lot of time reading about football during the football season.  I seek more knowledge on one of my favorite hobbies and pastimes.  I spend a lot of money on movie stuff, too, because they're one of my favorite pastimes, too.  And I spend a lot of money on books.  You gonna **** on somebody spending money on books to expand their knowledge on things that interest them?  Do I need to re-evaluate my life because I want to know more about history? 

You're sitting there telling me to re-evaluate when I inquire as to how much All-22 costs to see for myself if I'm as right as I believe I am after finding lots of evidence of bad plays by Rodgers merely from his sacks in 2018. 

Who's the one that needs to get a life? 

Half of this board hasn't contributed a ****ing thing to the conversation other than what they see on ESPN only to simultaneously **** on anything they hear on ESPN that they don't want to believe.  **** me for wanting to add some substance and some actual discussion points. 

Edited by Outpost31

29 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Let me know when you can map out Rodgers' progressions and can overlay them on your photos, then I'll take a look.This isn't backyard football where everyone runs around and the QB just scans everyone at once.

There are no such thing as progressions in Madden and that is entirely what this thread is based on.  OP wants Rodgers to operate exactly like he's able to when he's playing his video games.

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:
9 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

The fact that the only times you quote me are to condescend instead of add anything to the conversation is sad.  Re-evaluate. 

Add to the conversation for once. 

**** me for asking how much Gamepass is to be able to prove what I see instead of rely on a five-year-old notion that Rodgers is the greatest ever and keep ignoring the glaringly obvious weaknesses to his game like the rest of this board. 

I'm here posting new threads with visual evidence of what I've been saying. 
Alex Green goes through every ****ing play. 
Lots of others on this site try to add evidence to their points and their counterpoints. 

Yeah, I spend a lot of time reading about football during the football season.  I seek more knowledge on one of my favorite hobbies and pastimes.  I spend a lot of money on movie stuff, too, because they're one of my favorite pastimes, too.  And I spend a lot of money on books.  You gonna **** on somebody spending money on books to expand their knowledge on things that interest them?  Do I need to re-evaluate my life because I want to know more about history? 

You're sitting there telling me to re-evaluate when I inquire as to how much All-22 costs to see for myself if I'm as right as I believe I am after finding lots of evidence of bad plays by Rodgers merely from his sacks in 2018. 

Who's the one that needs to get a life? 

Half of this board hasn't contributed a ****ing thing to the conversation other than what they see on ESPN only to simultaneously **** on anything they hear on ESPN that they don't want to believe.  **** me for wanting to add some substance and some actual discussion points. 

If you had said "Hmm I'd like to get gamepass so I can go back and evaluate what Rodgers does so I can better understand it" etc, fine. What you said was:

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Yes.  I am literally going to buy Gamepass just because of the BS in here.  Until then, standby for about 15 minutes and I'll show you something. 

So what I am saying is valid, you are going to buy GP so you can come back in here and smash your keyboard at everyone. You do not have discussions with people on here. You have arguments. 

2 minutes ago, St Vince said:

This has to be the dumbest thread ever created. Everyone and their pet hamster knows you have to earn Aaron's trust to get balls thrown to you.

Look at the image against Washington and tell me trust is the reason he didn’t throw to one of those options.

Does Rodgers need to throw to only the godparents of his children?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

If you had said "Hmm I'd like to get gamepass so I can go back and evaluate what Rodgers does so I can better understand it" etc, fine. What you said was:

So what I am saying is valid, you are going to buy GP so you can come back in here and smash your keyboard at everyone. You do not have discussions with people on here. You have arguments. 

I’ve already discussed my usage of the word literally.  Here you are having an argument about arguments.  Guess you’re as bad as I am.

7 minutes ago, SSG said:

There are no such thing as progressions in Madden and that is entirely what this thread is based on.  OP wants Rodgers to operate exactly like he's able to when he's playing his video games.

@Lodestar.  I’m the one making this toxic.

Look through this thread.  I’ve been told I need to re-evaluate, that I need to drop it, and ProGressjons.  

Now I only know Madden.

People are refusing to see the facts.  Yeah, I get toxic when this is the response I get.