Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger done for season

AFlaccoSeagulls

1 minute ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Pete’s 4-5 years were extremely elite though in a era were passing stats were king. The picks he hit on were just next level. He drafted HOF Talent in Sherman, Kam, Wagner and Wilson. 2 Super Bowls one win and should have been 2? Hand picked players not players he received from who? Jim Mora lol. 

So, again, It's Tomlin's fault that he/the previous regime never mired in crap so he had to pick at the back half of the draft? We see what happens when he doesn't get to pick earlier.

3 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

So, again, It's Tomlin's fault that he/the previous regime never mired in crap so he had to pick at the back half of the draft? We see what happens when he doesn't get to pick earlier.

I mean if you want to use that then I guess brother man. The thing is that all those picks for Pete were all after the 3rd round sans Earl Thomas another HOFamer.. I love me some Pete and I’m a die hard Seattle Seahawks hater. A spade is a spade and if you love what Tomlin is doing then let it be. But I just don’t see it. 

2 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Franchise QB. And a meh division for those 12 years what’s not to like though? 

Cincy lol? 

Browns? Double lol.

Ravens had their time but it was with Flacco. 

Road ads doesn’t get much easier if you ask me. Big Ben was a cheat code for that division. McCarthy status he even won a SB in GB and look at him go. 

The Ravens averaged 9 wins from 2007-2018 and have a SB title.

The Bengals averaged 8 Wins over the same span. 

Those teams were average, competitive teams at worst.

The Browns.......yeah I'll give you that one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm just not sure the fact that he didn't personally draft his franchise QB discredits 11 years without a losing record.  Is he really not a top 5 HC because other HCs drafted their franchise QB? 

Again, if you have other coaches ahead of him, fair enough. I think that's reasonable. But the people acting like it's a ridiculous take to consider him an elite HC (in the tier below BB), are clearly going off feelings and vibe rather than reality. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Pete’s 4-5 years were extremely elite though in a era were passing stats were king. The picks he hit on were just next level. He drafted HOF Talent in Sherman, Kam, Wagner and Wilson. 2 Super Bowls one win and should have been 2? Hand picked players not players he received from who? Jim Mora lol. 

Is your main judging criteria for a HC their ability to draft?

1 minute ago, Soggust said:

Is your main judging criteria for a HC their ability to draft?

No. Just not a fan of Tomlin and if he goes somewhere I’ll love to see what he does. Any coach could have gotten that Steelers job and done well imo. I like guys like who actually build things. I have yet to see what

Tomlin builds and it’s been 12 years. I like where you’re coming from! I really do. But I just don’t see it. Rex Ryan built nasty defenses in NYJ with no QB. I’m waiting for Tomlin to bring back the steel curtain with his own touch is all I’m saying. 

He had D!ck calling his defenses for a big part of his earlier years so how much credit goes to him for those defenses @BlaqOptic

27 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

So now you’re claiming you weren’t laughing at the whole AB situation in Oakland as it unfolded when you couldn’t shut up about how much they were having to put up with over there and that’s why he was “so cheap”?  You’re embarrassing yourself if you expect me to believe that crap

Again, what does the AB situation have to do with this topic?  You're clearly trolling.

15 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

So now you’re claiming you weren’t laughing at the whole AB situation in Oakland as it unfolded when you couldn’t shut up about how much they were having to put up with over there and that’s why he was “so cheap”?  You’re embarrassing yourself if you expect me to believe that crap

You should of said preseason instead of "all offseason". I found the preseason antics in Oakland to be hilarious

17 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Uhh...most Steeler fans were enraged by that.  Not sure where you got laughing from.

And what does that have to do with Ben's injury?  

It doesn’t have to do with bens injury, but I meant that most Steelers fans were laughing in response to his developing situation in Oakland, not the one that got him traded from Pittsburgh.  My bad for not being specific enough on that tho

11 minutes ago, August4th said:

You should of said preseason instead of "all offseason". I found the preseason antics in Oakland to be hilarious

Haha my bad, I meant it that way but I wasn’t specific enough so I can see why you claimed ignorance at first. Sorry if I came off a bit harsh earlier as well, I’m just tired of having to defend myself out of a corner in this thread

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I think this needs to be the thing that pushes him into retirement 

even if he returns healthy, will he be even near as good as he was pre injury? The what if Mason has a great year? I5t will create new drama , to replace the AB and bell drama I suppose9_9

19 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Just here to remind you, a Patriots fan, that the entire collective NFL fanbase lost it's mind with glee when Brady when down against the Chiefs with an ACL in Week 1.

Trash away dude.

It wan't meant to be trash, just the way that I feel.  How good my team played last year has no bearing on how I feel about this season.   Certainly nothing that the 2004 Patriots did have nothing to do with how I feel about the team this year.   I;m retired now and I seen 1-15 seasons also. 

On 16/09/2019 at 8:23 PM, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Franchise QB. And a meh division for those 12 years what’s not to like though? 

Cincy lol? 

Browns? Double lol.

Ravens had their time but it was with Flacco. 

Road ads doesn’t get much easier if you ask me. Big Ben was a cheat code for that division. McCarthy status he even won a SB in GB and look at him go. 

Since the division realignment in 2002, the AFC North is tied with the NFC East for the most playoff berths earned. The AFC North sent two teams to the playoffs in 2002, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and 2015, and three teams to the playoffs in 2011 and 2014.

• Like 2