Week Three: Giants (0-2) @ Bucs (1-1)

bucsfan333

Time to start stacking some wins.

Saquon is gonna be a handful. He and Engram seem to be the only real threats on offense. 

Offensively, we should be able to move the ball. The Giants are giving up over 10 yards per passing attempt and only have three sacks and no INTs. Janoris Jenkins was complaining that he can't "cover for 10 seconds." That's gotta be good news for us and the pass rush we should expect. They're also giving up over 30 points per game.

Discuss.

• Like 1

I look at the Giants in the same way I used to view our old nemesis in the NFC Central the Detroit Lions.  Sequon is a lot like Barry Sanders.  He can single handedly win a ball game for a very average team.  Defense needs to rally to the ball and gang tackle.  Ingram is a threat, but the Bucs secondary has seen good TEs already.  They should be ready.

On offense  hopefully this is the game where the mental mistakes are minimized.  Last year, it was 2nd and 13 because the vaunted Toss Right never worked, but was left and used on the play sheet.  This season all the penalties are just brutal.  Clean them up and the offense should do well.

• Like 1

We’re strong up the middle, but I think this game will be determined by how we set the edge. If we keep Barkley between the tackles, but should be setting ourselves up for success.

We really should win this one, but it feels like we’re oh and a million in games we should win.

Hoping for the best (un)prepared for the worst...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

I still expect Manning on Sunday. I think they’d need to manage Jones being made the starter in the media - I doubt they can just have Jones taking first team reps at practice this week on the quiet.

I believe that they re setting up for Eli to be replaced, but I agree not this week.  Most starting QBs don t get benched after week 2.  Even at 0'-2, all teams still believe they can be a playoff team.  With Eli starting the season, sure felt like the organization believed it was in rebuild mode.

They have to contain Saquon, the Qb is really the secondary issue for this game.

Edited by ravishingone
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I believe that they re setting up for Eli to be replaced, but I agree not this week.  Most starting QBs don t get benched after week 2.  Even at 0'-2, all teams still believe they can be a playoff team.  With Eli starting the season, sure felt like the organization believed it was in rebuild mode.

They have to contain Saquon, the Qb is really the secondary issue for this game.

That’s a good point, I kinda figured the Giants were viewing this year as a rebuilding year. The fact Eli is still the QB shows they aren’t just yet.

That makes them pretty dangerous on Sunday because they might just be playing for their season and Eli might just be playing for his career.

• Like 1

Trap game?

We should throttle them, especially if the offense finally gets it together and Lefty finds a playcalling groove. 

I think it’s close in the 1st half then we pull away. So far we seem to be a better 2nd half team under BA. Man that’s the opposite of the last 15 years...

Bucs 31 Giants 10