Week Three: Giants (0-2) @ Bucs (1-1)

bucsfan333

Arians’ explanation for the delay of game penalty in his Monday press conference made more sense. In that case, he had a choice between burning the timeout then or taking the knee, calling timeout and not having to rush the kicker on. 

He made the right choice in the circumstances. I’m inclined to believe he said what he said on Sunday either because he was trying to think of something on the fly (and couldn’t), or so his comments would get the attention, rather than Gay.

Either way, Arians is being criticised for apparently putting his rookie kicker in a bad spot, rather than Gay being criticised for failing in a big moment. Pretty shrewd move if it was deliberate and what does it matter if you’re getting criticised by the media?

If you wouldn’t seek their advice, why would you care about their criticism?

Edited by Buc Ball
  • Like 1

On 9/23/2019 at 5:37 PM, minutemancl said:

I think you guys beat the Rams next week. Jameis played well and Shaq Barrett is a beast. It normally takes about half a season for a team to really get comfortable in a new offense, but Jameis looked pretty damn comfortable in just the 3rd yesterday. And that small school, angry OL is only going to get better. Marpet and Cappa is my favorite G combo in the league, not counting my team's.

😎

• Like 1