The Offensive Line

Buffalo Fan

I know it's been only 2 games but I'm interested to get some opinions on the O line.  I'm very pleased at how they have played overall in the first 2 games I thought it would take about half the season for them to jell because they didn't play together in the preseason.  Mitch is a gem at Center this kid can pull and has been good in pass protection.  The only issue I have is short yard situation we have been able to blow off the ball in short yardage plays.  IMO besides Allen the O line is the key to a successful Offense I'm very excited to see them get better as the season goes on

Dawkins has looked OK. Been solid at times but also been abused others.

Spain- Mauler. Has surprised me in space as well.

Morse - Worth every penny.

Feliciano - One of the most underrated off-season signings league wide. Stellar at C in TC and a younger more mentally stable Incognito at G.

Ford - He's not a tackle. I don't think the Bills planned on Spain and Feliciano playing so well  and keeping Ford outside. But he is too slow for edge rushers.

Ty Nesehke - Has been steady but also taken bad penalties for a veteran. I believe he is one of the best 5 and should be starting at RT. 

I went to yesterday's game so I couldn't exam the oline well but honestly I am not that impressed with the oline. The fact that neither the jets nor the giants have any pass rushers and have been sacked 7 times between those 2 games. What is going to happen when they face the Patriots, Dallas, Eagles, etc. thats going to dictate whether or not they will have a good oline. 

RT may be an outside option going in to free agency having Ford play guard in the future with TY playing back up.

3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I went to yesterday's game so I couldn't exam the oline well but honestly I am not that impressed with the oline. The fact that neither the jets nor the giants have any pass rushers and have been sacked 7 times between those 2 games. What is going to happen when they face the Patriots, Dallas, Eagles, etc. thats going to dictate whether or not they will have a good oline. 

RT may be an outside option going in to free agency having Ford play guard in the future with TY playing back up.

How was the Billsmafia presence yesterday? Seemed like by the end of the game it was Bills heavy.

I am going to the opener this week and am already restless waiting for Friday to come so I can head down to Buffalo.

13 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

How was the Billsmafia presence yesterday? Seemed like by the end of the game it was Bills heavy.

I am going to the opener this week and am already restless waiting for Friday to come so I can head down to Buffalo.

Well it was tough at first cause everyone was wearing the same colors. Once the game got going the ones still standing and not sitting down I knew they were bills fans. I expected more but there was a good amount of presence. Giants fans were leaving so all the bills fans came closer to the field which was perfect timing to see poyer pick the ball off.

I am making my way back to Buffalo for the home opener as well. I expect it to be an awesome time as always.

They have their issues but so far they are way better then last year.  Our interior of our line seems fantastic. Was our weak spot last year. This year our OTs are the weak link but they are also very young and have tons of room for improvement. 

Our false start penalties need to end. We are better in that aspect from last year but they went through a rough patch in 3rd quarter and that could have potentially cost us a game.

The oline was another disappointment this week. Its not 2018 level but it was bad. Now Feliciano a strong RG we have went down with a neck injury and was found with a neck brace on after the game. This is something they cannot lose for a long period of time. Its going to be a brutal battle for them this week with pats d coming to town. 

4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

The right side in pass protection yes.

But I think the running game has been very good. They bully people.

I am not sure why McDermott keeps messing with RT. Leave Ty there. Now he may be forced to with Feliciano going down. Move Ford to guard. Stop with this musical chairs at RT. I also think Dawkins has been poor at LT.

48 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I am not sure why McDermott keeps messing with RT. Leave Ty there. Now he may be forced to with Feliciano going down. Move Ford to guard. Stop with this musical chairs at RT. I also think Dawkins has been poor at LT.

Yeah true edge rushers are beating him every game. He had a nice day run blocking though. He is servicable and a team guy which is great but I do think he's a guy you want to replace long-term when possible. 

1 hour ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Well Ty has had his fair share of issues to. He has had some penalties in limited action. And he has gotten banged up 2 or 3 times and had to leave games.

• 3 months later...