The Offensive Line

Buffalo Fan

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Hey guys looking for a bit of insight...how was your OL under Juan Castillo? What kind of scheme did you guys run? Did he develop anyone upfront? Thanks in advance for the info.

Our OL in 17 was ok. Having Incognito at LG and Wood at C is the main reason why though.

18 was bad. Dion Dawkins took a step back, Vlad Duccasse was horrendous, Russel Bodine and Ryan Groy were some of the worst Centers I have ever seen and John Miller and Jordan Mills at RT were just plain awful. 

Castillo did not have anything to work with last year but he also didn't develop or help any of the young guys progress. I believe we were mainly a zone scheme in 17 and in 18 we added more power run concepts. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Our OL in 17 was ok. Having Incognito at LG and Wood at C is the main reason why though.

18 was bad. Dion Dawkins took a step back, Vlad Duccasse was horrendous, Russel Bodine and Ryan Groy were some of the worst Centers I have ever seen and John Miller and Jordan Mills at RT were just plain awful. 

Castillo did not have anything to work with last year but he also didn't develop or help any of the young guys progress. I believe we were mainly a zone scheme in 17 and in 18 we added more power run concepts. 

Agree with this. I think it was acknowledgement that our O-linemen simply were not all that athletic and as a result a liability in the Zone scheme.