Very near future ...

Giants4eva

Figured this is what were all thinking about (the near future) since yesterdays dumpster fire of a game. Were staring at a good chance of being 0-5. We got the Buccs up next who look revitalized on defence, the Redskins (same), and the Vikings who have a good amount of firepower. I am beginning to wonder about job security on this team for the coaching staff. Really am. I know ppl doing yo bro relax its 2 games into the season. Sorry but the way this team has looked its the same story over again with a few minor twists in it. Start off like fire on the first drive. Then flop. We get slaughtered rest of the game. The way i see things in the very near future (being within 4 weeks... ), this is what i see coming .. 

1- Pat Shurmur being officially on the hot seat along with the rest of the coaching staff. 

2- Eli Manning will be starting. But. If week 6 is a loss.. yep ill be eating my words.. Jones will be coming in and we will stick with him. 

3- Janoris Jenkins will get traded. Well need some more capital in the draft for next yr. 

4- We get our first win in week 7.

DG and Shurmur are tied to Daniel. You have to let Daniel play before anyone is on the hot seat. If he sucks, you clean house and start over. If he's good, DG has a chance to build a team around him. If he or Shurmur can't do it, you bring in someone who can. I've heard this saying in a business sense, but it applies here in a way: "the person to take a company from 5 employees to 50 is not always the same to take it from 50 to 200". Its possible DG does a good job rebuilding the team from the dumpster to .500, but we need a different GM or coach or both to get us from .500 to consistent playoff contender. But DG and Shurmur can't be on the hot seat until we see Daniel play. 

I agree that Jackrabbit will be traded by midseason. He'll fetch a decent price from a team like the Chiefs and Ballentine should be ready by then. I've pretty much lost all hope in Beal, but we'll see; he should return from IR around then too.