Isaiah Wynn Placed On IR - Week 11 earliest return

DoleINGout

21 minutes ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Throw a 2nd and 4th to Wash for Trent Williams. High draft picks are overrated, rather not risk Brady's final couple years because we needed another 2nd round DB bust. Cap issues can get mitigated with a contract rework, we do it all the time. 

You can even do a trade deal where WAS take some of the cap hit, Oakland/Pitt did for Brown, as did Houston/Cleveland for Osweiller.

44 minutes ago, jofos said:

How long did Newhouse have to practice the Patriots offense?  Also he was likely working more at right tackle when he did get to practice.

The guy had a lot thrown at him.  New position + Patriots playbook.  I'd give him another couple of weeks....doesn't mean we have the start the guy each game but, everyone hold off on calling for Newhouse to be cut so soon lol.  

3 hours ago, bluemushrooms said:

The guy had a lot thrown at him.  New position + Patriots playbook.  I'd give him another couple of weeks....doesn't mean we have the start the guy each game but, everyone hold off on calling for Newhouse to be cut so soon lol.  

He committed three penalties and couldn't sustain a good base in pass pro. I don't think his issue is the playbook..

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

I said in the offseason Tackle was a top need. We were going into the season with a guy who has never played in the nfl as the starting LT(coming off a major injury) and Cannon who has never started 16 games with basically no depth behind them 

Jared Veldheer decided to retire and Yodney Cajuste got hurt or wasn't ready for some reason. That hurt the depth for sure. I think not paying Trent Brown was fine, but they now are sort of in a worst case scenario at offensive tackle. At least Scarnecchia decided to coach another year so it isn't all bad.