Must Read: Gruden, back to calling plays, draws on lifetime of experience

turtle28

The one thing I believed in was the relationship between McVay and Cousins. McVay knew his strengths and his weaknesses and was very privvy to putting Cousins and the offense in the right positions. I am not sure on how Gruden is going to do it as the head coach and the play caller. I think he has too much on his plate and when McVay started calling the plays, it was a more fluid dynamic on offense. 

I have a bad feeling there is going to be a learning curve that will last a few games before things start clicking. 

I don't care about articles that are written about how smart Gruden is. There has to be a connection of trust between the play caller and the QB. 

I just feel like this season is going to be a really, really bad one. With the Scot firing, this Cravens stuff, losing your top two receiving targets, lots of injuries already and the OL and offense looking very suspect it's like the perfect storm. 

I think if you read the article, you'll understand that we will likely run more screens with our running backs - especially Chris Thompson - and wheel routes. I think Gruden will do a good job of mixing things up.

The thing we need to remember is that Sean McVay was running Jay Gruden's offense, not the other way around. I don't think McVay did a good job of mixing in screens and being creative in his playcalling as Jay will be. We already saw some of that this preseason with Jay calling the wheel routes and screens.

I agree that losing Garçon and Djax will hurt - especially the consistency and chemistry that Garçon & Kirk had and the deep play ability of Djax - but I think they will work it all out. I'm sure we'll have some growing pains but eventually we'll be a passing game that will be nearly impossible to stop, even in the redzone because of the height and athletic ability of Reed, Pryor and Doctson.

I understand the inconsistency our offense showed in the preseason has really dimmed the optimism that most of the fan base had for this season, but I don't think it should. We still have a lot of talent on this roster and while I don't expect us to be a great team I'd be completely shocked if we became a horrible team. I just don't think that happens when you have a qb of Cousins' caliber and a defense that will be improved over the defenses we had in 2015 & 16.

We only have had two major injuries Murphy - who many in the fan base wrongly don't think is any good anyways - and Phil Taylor which is also a big loss, but I think something we can overcome because of the ther talent we added to our front 7 both in the draft and free agency this offseason. 

Yes, these are big injuries to me but I still think our defense will be better than it was in 2015 & 2016 and end up somewhere in the middle of the pack. We just have too much talent throughout our defense for it to be as bad as it was last year.

Here read this:

Despite all the worries of injuries mounting during the preseason, we only had two players at practice that were limited; Long and Anderson.

All 53 Redskins on the active roster practiced on Wednesday and all but two practiced fully.

RELATED: FIRST LOOK AT REDSKINS VS EAGLES

OLB Ryan Anderson (stinger/neck) and C Spencer Long (knee) were limited. Long was sidelined after the second preseason game after having a procedure done on his knee. At the time it was reported that he would be back in time for the opener and he appears to be on tract to play against the Eagles on Sunday.

Anderson suffered a stinger in the first preseason game and he did not play in the last three games. His recovery has been slow but there appears to be a chance the rookie will play on Sunday.

MORE REDSKINS: GRUDEN PRESSER WRAP: PRAISE FOR THOMPSON

Listed on the injury report as full participants in practice were OLB Junior Galette (hamstring), WR Josh Doctson (hamstring), and S Montae Nicholson (shoulder).

12 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I just feel like this season is going to be a really, really bad one. With the Scot firing, this Cravens stuff, losing your top two receiving targets, lots of injuries already and the OL and offense looking very suspect it's like the perfect storm. 

Lol how can you think a GM like Scott and preseason determine the season being bad already.

I mean That's just me we didn't change a lot negative wise other than baker Jackson and garcon who we replaced with Doctson Pryor and Allen .

Archived