Must Read: Gruden, back to calling plays, draws on lifetime of experience

turtle28

On 9/12/2017 at 9:31 PM, turtle28 said:

He's already showing he's the best interior DL we've had talent wise since Haynesworth and more than talent wise since some player in the 80s/early 90s I guess. He's around the ball every snap, he's either making a run stuff, occupying two blockers so an ILB can go make a tackle, making the tackle himself or hustling to the ball. He had multiple pressures yesterday and just missed a sack a few times - which sucks because we want him to get sacks - but he still got several pressures.

Ioannidis is flashing like Crazy too. I think he'll eventually be a starter, either late in the year or next year. It looks like he was a great pick by McCloughan and great job developing him by Tomsula.

On 9/13/2017 at 9:21 AM, lavar703 said:

I don't think anyone has done this but okay. 

Yea, maybe read the thread.

Allen is a prospect. Nothing more.

Nothing he said is untrue. Nearly every reporter who covers the team has said the exact same thing. Plus he didn't say, he's as good as Haynesworth was or he's the best DL in the league or anything like that. He said he's the best Interior DL "talent wise" that we've had in a while which is 100% true. 

Yes he's a prospect but that doesn't change the fact that we haven't had an interior DL with his pedigree since Haynesworth and Cornelius Griffin before that. I honestly think you just misunderstood what he said but who knows? 

14 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Nothing he said is untrue. Nearly every reporter who covers the team has said the exact same thing. Plus he didn't say, he's as good as Haynesworth was or he's the best DL in the league or anything like that. He said he's the best Interior DL "talent wise" that we've had in a while which is 100% true. 

Yes he's a prospect but that doesn't change the fact that we haven't had an interior DL with his pedigree since Haynesworth and Cornelius Griffin before that. I honestly think you just misunderstood what he said but who knows? 

It's not that he understood what I said, it's that he has his own agenda to discredit my credibility. It's fine, people can think what they want and misunderstand what I'm trying to say. It's only been happening for a decade. Sometimes it's hard to write in text what I actually mean but if we were having a conversation I could explain it better.

Getting back to the original point of this thread:

Can someone explain to me what it is in all of Gruden's vast experience as a player and coach that tells him to call a endzone fade EVERY ... SINGLE ... TIME we end up in a goal to go situation (or it seems like it)? WHY??

If he's got this great fount of knowledge to draw from, why is the exact same play every single time? AND WHY THE HELL DOES HE DO IT WITH OUR SHORTEST RECEIVERS!?

38 minutes ago, Woz said:

Getting back to the original point of this thread:

Can someone explain to me what it is in all of Gruden's vast experience as a player and coach that tells him to call a endzone fade EVERY ... SINGLE ... TIME we end up in a goal to go situation (or it seems like it)? WHY??

If he's got this great fount of knowledge to draw from, why is the exact same play every single time? AND WHY THE HELL DOES HE DO IT WITH OUR SHORTEST RECEIVERS!?

I can't explain it, it's stupid. If we had kept runing the ball, and run some slants or quick outs, we probably get a TD there and then the game in never even close.

Hey, at least they threw a fade to doctson right? Everyone saw that one coming! I don't get it! They don't target him all game but they expect he and Cousins to be on the same page on the hardest throw to be in sync on in football?

Its beyond stupid that we keep forcing fade passes to Doctson when we are inside the 10 yard line when we don't target him barely at all the rest of the game.

Stupid things like this cost you valuable points, just like they did vs the Cowboys last year when Kirk changed the plays and threw two fades to Doctson and one to Reed.

Archived